*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Not sure which snipping tool you referring to but it might still be on your PC if it is the one I am thinking of. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and then scroll way way down the list and see if you have SnippingTool.exe there ?

It seems to have gone, the blank icon is still in the task bar after update, a search of system 32 returns nothing.
Added the chat icon to taskbar, only difference i noticed

I have had chat on this machine for about 2 weeks now, but on checking my other machine that didn't get it now has it on the task bar in this new update.

Associate
On my AMD machine I got an update for 3DPaint and Your Phone, and on the Intel machine I got an Xbox Game Bar update.
Very random stuff, plus Microsoft finally gave me the Later Display Driver 27.20.21020.4003 WUP!

Associate
Soldato
Maybe the fact you can't sort stuff in the start menu is to make people change their habit? I'm filling the taskbar up with most things I use and getting used to it that way, it's a bit like Mac OSX I think? I've put all system related standard stuff to the left and other apps to the right. I like the little notch to indicate an app is open.

Associate
Just for info in case anyone was interested, specs in signature, I downloaded the new public beta iso, tried a win 10 in place upgrade and it said cpu no compatible, rebooted using usb install and upgrade failed to start again, I had a spare hdd in my machine so tried a new install and it installed and activated fine. Only been using for a couple of days but apart from the interface change no particular speed or improvements noticeable yet.

Associate
One issue is icue won't sync my case RGB, so may as well uninstall, what's the point if that's not working . But other than that no issues runs just as well as win 10, as seems to be mostly a new skin or nothing I have noticed anyway.

Soldato
One issue is icue won't sync my case RGB, so may as well uninstall, what's the point if that's not working . But other than that no issues runs just as well as win 10, as seems to be mostly a new skin or nothing I have noticed anyway.
RGB software does not work for me, also some hardware stats software dont work cpuz/gpuz. They may need updates to function correctly.

Back
Top Bottom