Stopping Brake Dust On Wheels ?

Soldato
Any tips to stop Brake Dust getting sticking to Alloy Wheels ?

Once i have cleaned my alloys, i wanna try my best to stop the Brake Dust sticking so it will come off easy next time.

Any idea ? Some kind of wax maybe ?

Thanks

Soldato
I use Poorboy's wheel sealant after reading a review of different waxes somewhere. Its been on there for months and when it's time to wash the car they clean up wonderfully with very little elbow grease:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/poor...8rucHEnUhAXNsDwG4RyF3vm5uukEUP3RoCQ8QQAvD_BwE

this looks good its only 235 ml though do you dilute it down or is it like a wax/polish that you rub in with a rag to create a bery thin layer and let it dry? Then polish up or add a second layer?

OcUK Staff
this looks good its only 235 ml though do you dilute it down or is it like a wax/polish that you rub in with a rag to create a bery thin layer and let it dry? Then polish up or add a second layer?

I've used it, its like a solid piece of wax so it goes a long way. :)

Soldato
It's a paste sealant, I've had my tub for years used on 2 cars constantly, they get a coat every 3 months or so.

Soldato
Someone told me you can get ceramic pads that don't give off much dust, but I'm not sure they do exist and if it did I can't imagine they'd work very well.

Soldato
A friend of mine absolutely swears by Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour. A couple of drops per wheel and it does an amazing job. I'm yet to try it but I certainly will be.

you can get Ceramic Discs and pads

very very expensive, but not designed for road use due to they take ages to warm up, track use only iirc ?

@Gibbo ?

Carbon ceramic brakes are a factory option and absolutely fine for road use :)

Back
Top Bottom