• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090 temperature concerns

Permabanned
You seem to be one of them, I have paid for my 3080 with my mining profits in less than a year, and I have plenty of life left in it, my current mining stats are 99.21MH/s power 217.6w and efficiency 456.18 KH/J with my GPu memory temps @68/70c, so I have no idea what your on about “cooking chips”

Just pointing out how much ***** you talk when it comes to mining

A simple internet search and Tom's hardware has exposed you. Continue making up numbers. I bet your 3080 is running at 20c while mining and cooking your food.

Associate
A simple internet search and Tom's hardware has exposed you. Continue making up numbers. I bet your 3080 is running at 20c while mining and cooking your food.

The only person being exposed here is yourself , as i wrote above you clearly have no idea about mining and have no 1st hand experience to offer on the matter just on here to spout a load of rubbish that you managed to google and post up links. If you have found a way to get a 3080 mining at 20 c and cooking my food / drying my cloths at the same time please do share that information rather than the rubbish you are posting , would prove more useful than your last load of links and i might actually then take you seriously:rolleyes:

Permabanned
Bet you feel real stupid now sweetheart
bClPdOT.jpg

Totally missing the point.
You're trying to appear smug and paint Miners like they all use custom water cooling loops :cry: spouting nonsesne, even Tom's Hardware has confirmed this. They simply don't, and they are usually overclocking the card on air coooling, like I said.

These are some miners below.

Again I'll never buy a used card if has been mined on, go and get yourself a Brand New Card (AIB has confirmed this).

Last edited:
Soldato
oooh look - the younguns of today pleased with themselves producing absolutely nothing except a shed tonne of C02 - same ones moaning about the planet. Only people laughing are the folk who invented it as they made 1,000's of coins a day and everyone else through C02 use just made them very rich - the digital pyramid scheme - YAY!

Soldato
Totally missing the point.
You're trying to appear smug and paint Miners like they all use custom water cooling loops :cry: They simply don't, and they are usually overcloking the card on air coooling, like I said.

These are some miners below.

50 images

A simple internet search and Tom's hardware has exposed you. Continue making up numbers
Nice try to backpedal sweetie, but you called me out saying my hashrate numbers and temps were made up and I have conclusively proved otherwise showing how much know, so you then try to spew some crap about other miners that have no comparisons to what you called me out on. Maybe you should run away from this thread and stop spoiling

Last edited:
Soldato
popcorn-eating-popcorn.gif

What i miss?

Permabanned
Nice try to backpedal sweetie, but you called me out saying my hashrate numbers and temps were made up and I have conclusively proved otherwise showing how much know, so you then try to spew some crap about other miners that have no comparisons to what you called me out on. Maybe you should run away from this thread and stop spoiling

:cry:The truth hurts,you came and posted watercooled temps :cry: Even the OP's post is a query on why he is getting 104 degrees mining on his GPU. You can tell by the abusive language you are using that you are hurt like using: "fool", "crap"..lol

This is the OPs post below and the Tom's Hardware post that I included explains exactly why he has 104c on memory.

I recently changed the thermal pads out on my RTX 3090 FE as it would heat up to 104 degrees on my memory while mining for a short while. But my card runs at 102 degrees on the memory now so it didn’t make much of a difference.

Could it be because my gpu is so close to my cpu cooler that there isn’t enough airflow to cool the memory chips? The only other thing I can think of is that I used my fingers to place the thermal pads and apparently that effects performance.

The idle temperatures seem to have improved 31 degrees on the core and 40 on the memory.

Last edited:
Soldato
:cry:The truth hurts,you came and posted watercooled temps :cry: Even the OP's post is a query on why he is getting 104 degrees mining on his GPU.

This is the OPs post below and the Tom's Hardware post that I included explains exactly why he has 104c on memory.
Not at all, you’re the one that looks a complete fool, you called someone out on something you have no knowledge about and got caught out spectacularly, and are now hurriedly backtracking

Associate
3090s certainly vary temperature-wise. Both me and my son have a 3090FE, my Vram temps never go above 96, his temps are always well above 100. Tried the card in my case and get the same result. Shame Nvidia uses such poor quality thermal pads, I'm not willing to open it up and lose the warranty.

Associate
3090s certainly vary temperature-wise. Both me and my son have a 3090FE, my Vram temps never go above 96, his temps are always well above 100. Tried the card in my case and get the same result. Shame Nvidia uses such poor quality thermal pads, I'm not willing to open it up and lose the warranty.
Anyone tried strapping a case fan to the back? Should be a quick non-warranty-voiding way to solve the problem. Well as long as your case does what a case was designed to do: sit in a corner in an opaque way and keep the components in situ without any windows!

Associate
The white thermal pads from the factory are crazy soft.

Associate
OP

This is good to hear, I know this kind of thing happens with cpus but didn’t know if GPU memory would be the same.

Associate
My 3090 was throttling at 110 degC memory junction temp, limiting me to 105MH/s.. replaced all the thermal pads and now sitting about 96 degrees at 124MH/s.
My current concern it UK Income Tax... UK HMRC treats mining as in income (CRPYTO21150 on the UK Gov Website), therefore anyone mining in the UK is liable to Income Tax on the value of any mined crypto, PLUS capital gains tax on anything they make over the initial mined value when they sell it. Madness... Offsetting the cost of electricity and hardware might be possible, but you'd need to show that those costs were 100% attributed to the mining (and not gaming etc..).

Associate
Also worth noting in the Gaming vs Mining debate that while mining is undoubtedly stressing the Graphics Card, it maintains them at a constant load (therefore a stable temperature).
Gaming ramps the temps up and down and thermal cycling has a big impact on the life of electronic components...
Whether 24/7 mining is any worse than 4 hours a day gaming (assuming the gaming is maxing the card) would take a bit of research.....

Soldato
My 3090 was throttling at 110 degC memory junction temp, limiting me to 105MH/s.. replaced all the thermal pads and now sitting about 96 degrees at 124MH/s.
My current concern it UK Income Tax... UK HMRC treats mining as in income (CRPYTO21150 on the UK Gov Website), therefore anyone mining in the UK is liable to Income Tax on the value of any mined crypto, PLUS capital gains tax on anything they make over the initial mined value when they sell it. Madness... Offsetting the cost of electricity and hardware might be possible, but you'd need to show that those costs were 100% attributed to the mining (and not gaming etc..).

and how would tax man know about your mining?

Soldato
Also worth noting in the Gaming vs Mining debate that while mining is undoubtedly stressing the Graphics Card, it maintains them at a constant load (therefore a stable temperature).
Gaming ramps the temps up and down and thermal cycling has a big impact on the life of electronic components...
Whether 24/7 mining is any worse than 4 hours a day gaming (assuming the gaming is maxing the card) would take a bit of research.....

That's where water cooling is great - with water the temp delta between min temp and max temp is tiny compared to air, that delta can be as low as 10c but with air you're generally looking at 40c to 60c

Back
Top Bottom