Afghanistan - 20 years on

Man of Honour
Anyone got actual information on what is going on in Panjshir? lots of total BS stories going around from both side but the latest satellite images I can get my hands on don't seem to support any version of events.

Soldato
Apparently the Taliban crossed the mountains etc taking the long way and flanked the positions.

Also it seems that Pakistan has been aiding them, apparently they have had air support, suprise suprise and are standing with Pakistan on Kashmir....

You only have to see the list of countries that the Taliban have invited to see the formation of thier gov to fund the lowest of the low, why we are friends with Qatar, turkey is beyond me

Man of Honour
Also it seems that Pakistan has been aiding them, apparently they have had air support, suprise suprise and are standing with Pakistan on Kashmir....

Seems both China and Pakistan have been involved from what little seems to be credible the Taliban have almost certainly had intel help well beyond the scope of anything they or Pakistan could do. But complaining about it won't help the resistance especially as no one really seems to have any interest in the matter.

Soldato
Apparently the Taliban crossed the mountains etc taking the long way and flanked the positions.

You only have to see the list of countries that the Taliban have invited to see the formation of thier gov to fund the lowest of the low, why we are friends with Qatar, turkey is beyond me

Where did you get all that from. Flanking etc.

It always been very difficult to dislodge a well supplied force high up in the mountains. I assume they retreated to the high ground.

Pakistan has quite a modern military https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Air_Force I wouldn't under estimate their capabilities.

Soldato
Seems both China and Pakistan have been involved from what little seems to be credible the Taliban have almost certainly had intel help well beyond the scope of anything they or Pakistan could do. But complaining about it won't help the resistance especially as no one really seems to have any interest in the matter.
would be interesting to know what drone (over the horizon) capability the Chinese/Russians say, have in comparison to the USA, and how much they've reduced the usa cost of warfare - Huawei cameras+image recognition?

Last nights itv doc on rise of Bin Laden, through triumphs (disproportionately attributed to him apparently - the myth) against Russian artillery,airforce - if they had had drones ?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Anyone got actual information on what is going on in Panjshir? lots of total BS stories going around from both side but the latest satellite images I can get my hands on don't seem to support any version of events.

Taliban is in control, this is indisputable. Saleh has apparently left for Tajikistan (not 100% confirmed). Massoud JNR is somewhere near Panjshir trying to organise some half assed resistance after getting his top military leaders all killed.

He is now calling for a nationwide resistance, proof if it was needed that he has lost Panjshir.

Yes Pakistan helps Taliban, but not by providing air support this is nonsense lots of crap on social media.

An image of a fighter jet downed was actually a jet crashed in America.

Highly doubt they used drones too, lots of anti Pakistan crap on social media by the usual culprits.

Why shouldn't Pakistan help Taliban, it's there closest neighbor and stability in Afghanistan benefits Pak.

Need to stop looking at this from a western moral relativism viewpoint this is why 20 years have been wasted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Taliban is in control, this is indisputable. Saleh has apparently left for Tajikistan (not 100% confirmed). Massoud JNR is somewhere near Panjshir trying to organise some half assed resistance after getting his top military leaders all killed.

He is now calling for a nationwide resistance, proof if it was needed that he has lost Panjshir.

Yes Pakistan helps Taliban, but not by providing air support this is nonsense lots of crap on social media.

An image of a fighter jet downed was actually a jet crashed in America.

Highly doubt they used drones too, lots of anti Pakistan crap on social media by the usual culprits.

Why shouldn't Pakistan help Taliban, it's there closest neighbor and stability in Afghanistan benefits Pak.

Need to stop looking at this from a western moral relativism viewpoint this is why 20 years have been wasted.

Probably because Pakistan intelligence use the Taliban etc to train operatives or terrorists to terrorise India causing problems there and no doubt will spread elsewhere, Pakistan is verging on a failed state.

Fact, born out by the talibans support for Pakistan/Kashmir efforts and history.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Probably because Pakistan intelligence use the Taliban etc to train operatives or terrorists to terrorise India causing problems there and no doubt will spread elsewhere, Pakistan is verging on a failed state.

Fact, born out by the talibans support for Pakistan/Kashmir efforts and history.

India funds terror in Pakistan by supporting TTP and BLA, 70,000 Pakistanis killed post 9/11 due to terrorism.

Now go count the Indian casualties.

And Kashmir has been in a strangle hold since last year due to fascist Modi. Yeah but according to brainwashed people like you who can't think for themselves the Pakistanis are the bad guy's.

Most Kashmiris are Muslim not Hindu.

Muslims are killed in India for selling cattle, great bastion of human rights that country is.

Caporegime
Neither the government or the representative have provided concrete proof that they helped, so why are you siding with the representative?

Well the representative was stopped from taking "a huge amount of cash" into Afghanistan so he at least has proof he wanted to fund some terrorists?

Back
Top Bottom