The Matrix 4

Man of Honour
I don't really understand how unless the metaphor is Neo becoming superhuman, which would be weird, but, i'm not about to argue with people who both wrote and directed the films over what their original intention was!

I find it very hard to believe - you can see the contrast in their later work when they started to explore those aspects a little more and there was a lot more which could have been done within the scope of The Matrix even if they thought the world wasn't ready for it. I still have a hard time believing the bulk of the writing on the original movie is their work, sure some tweaking and reworking elements artistically and so on but their later work just doesn't have the depth of theological and philosophical insight apparent in the writing of The Matrix and that isn't something you just forget or lose.

Not to knock their later work as some of it I enjoy a lot and some of it even the movies which aren't to my taste have some serious artistic talent in the directing, etc.

Soldato
So looking at a few shots from the teasers it looks like they are going back to events of the first one but they occur differently? Guess that makes sense from the narrative perspective of the original trilogy and the cycle. It will be hella dumb if Neo has to relearn everything though.

Anyway trailer drops Thursday.

d8adf9f8c2662f2d679d93e6bebf745a.png

316741e5a73df88c8d60a63d8248c92c.png

bca036da84f55a732d44e0db832dc99a.png

Last edited:
Associate
Weird, first looks like a plus sized model stand in and final is once again Reeves turning up without costume or makeup department. I know they're just single frames but not hopeful, atleast not in the same way for Top Gun.

If they can nail a coherent story it may help but lessons must be learned from 2nd, 3rd, it's got to have a good story, not just great effects, hell look at 2017 Ghost in the Shell...terrible.

V F

V F

Soldato
Weird, first looks like a plus sized model stand in and final is once again Reeves turning up without costume or makeup department. I know they're just single frames but not hopeful, atleast not in the same way for Top Gun.

If they can nail a coherent story it may help but lessons must be learned from 2nd, 3rd, it's got to have a good story, not just great effects, hell look at 2017 Ghost in the Shell...terrible.

It doesn't really feel like The Matrix.

V F

V F

Soldato
Funny the weirdest things you can find googling The Matrix after all these years.

Ilsa Strix, a dominatrix who once boasted that her “greatest accomplishment” was “putting 333 needles into a single penis”, had undue influence over one of the most singular sci-fi film series of all time: The Matrix trilogy. Or so people like to think.

Strix was a crop-wielding slave-driver in the underground BDSM community in LA during the late 90s, early 00s. She employed impressive tactics — including the aforementioned needle trick — to keep clients literally crawling back for more.

Two years after audiences gagged at the patent leather bodysuit worn by Trinity in the first Matrix film, the director then known as Larry Wachowski (now Lana), wilted at the sight of Strix in a West Hollywood club. Their first meeting and the relationship that followed — they both left their spouses and became an item — was clumsily dissected in a 2006 story in Rolling Stone.

The fallout was messy. Wachowski’s wife Thea Bloom filed for divorce and successfully sought to freeze her partner’s assets. Wachowski and Strix were reportedly looking to buy a house together in San Francisco. Bloom said in her filing, “I believe Larry has been extremely dishonest with me in our personal life, and I believe he is hiding information from me regarding our financial affairs.”

Strix (real name Karin Winslow) and Wachowski reportedly married in 2009 and are still together. Although she was never at fault for the Matrix sequels, or even an inspiration, in a story Strix told about hitchhiking across America with a friend aged 18, she describes her hair as “blue and purple dreadlocks.” That is now the signature style of Lana Wachowski. So perhaps she did have some influence after all…

Soldato
Curious how the story can be carried on in a way that's interesting given the 3rd one tied things up in a relatively neat way. You can't get away with more of the same now - the first film is OLD now, there are kids reacting to the first one on YouTube who knew nothing about it.

Back
Top Bottom