DELETED_250507

Soldato
During the redundancy at Triumph, a colleague brought this up as one of the questions and the company said they would not waive the clause. Royal enfield had a field day so i'm not sure how well that went.
surely if an employer makes someone redundant there's not a contract clause would hold up that would limit their ability to go and find work elsewhere? i get the whole if you as an employee leave yourself being limited from going to work for a competitor, but being made redundant and still being restricted - that'd be madness.

Associate
I'd try and leave on good terms in case you end up working with the same people again in the future. Tell them your circumstances have changed if that makes it easier.

Soldato
surely if an employer makes someone redundant there's not a contract clause would hold up that would limit their ability to go and find work elsewhere? i get the whole if you as an employee leave yourself being limited from going to work for a competitor, but being made redundant and still being restricted - that'd be madness.
Because the contract states when they leave and not how they leave, it "legally" still counts. It is a dick move though and I'm not sure how well it would go in court.

Back
Top Bottom