Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Soldato
I’m hoping I’ll be able to pre wash the car and rinse it down with the Hydroshot, then dry it off with the leaf blower all off the one charge.

If not a second battery will be necessary

I’ve done some googling and a fully charged battery will last 7 to 10 minutes in the leaf blower, so when it arrives I’ll use the Hydroshot and rinse a small area of the car down using plain water. Then I’ll see how effective the leaf blower is at drying it.

The leaf blower uses more battery power then the Hydroshot.

Man of Honour
75uq2aj.jpg

A satisfying feeling this.... Until you get an audience :eek:

gqX9M7i.jpg
I too am a brush boy and have, when witnessed by 'trusted people' brought others into the 'brushers' club. My brush and I spend many happy hours together in traffic, you know, brushing.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I too am a brush boy and have, when witnessed by 'trusted people' brought others into the 'brushers' club. My brush and I spend many happy hours together in traffic, you know, brushing.

@Em3bbs once spotted me from a hotel room window brushing the air vents of my cabin one night. I think he secretly follows me around though, bit of a fiend that one :eek:

But yes, traffic light brushing sessions are a skill, you have to finish the brush session before the lights switch, but if you don't, must finish before someone beeps at you :p

Man of Honour
@Em3bbs once spotted me from a hotel room window brushing the air vents of my cabin one night. I think he secretly follows me around though, bit of a fiend that one :eek:

But yes, traffic light brushing sessions are a skill, you have to finish the brush session before the lights switch, but if you don't, must finish before someone beeps at you :p
We know, they don't, but we know

Soldato
Clayed the car for the first time today. Using Bilt Hamber auto clay. I was always quite sceptical of clay before but having now used it... well consider me converted :D

All in took around 6 hours to do the whole process but car looks fantastic, & paint surface feels like glass.
quite how long it will stay like this is another matter but I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I decontaminated the roof and then gave it a polish. This was without a doubt the worst panel on the entire car.

The state of it after claying wasn't great.

After using a mix of rupes DA-fine and coarse and the foam pads using the makita forced rotation and proxxon mini rotary.

Soldato
Gave the car some TLC today:

Bucket wash with fairy liquid
Cleaned the wheels with Wonder Wheels
Clay mitt over the paintwork
Tar spot remover on the tar spots
Touch up paint and cocktail stick for stone chips
2 coats of Autoglym resin polish

Knackered now!

Soldato
75uq2aj.jpg

A satisfying feeling this.... Until you get an audience :eek:

gqX9M7i.jpg
My almost identical cat always joins me for a car wash. Gets on my nerves a bit tbh

PXL-20210905-191813597.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom