Prince Andrew not served papers as they were handed to his police security.

Caporegime
Stop thinking its normal and acceptable for middle aged men to sleep with 17 year olds please.
What is acceptable?

For a 40 year old man?
For a 50 year old man?
For a 60 year old man?

What is the minimum age for the female involved in each of these cases? I'm just curious. I know a lot of people think that there's some kind of "1/2 your age + xxx" rule that defines the bounds of decency :p

Soldato
What is acceptable?

For a 40 year old man?
For a 50 year old man?
For a 60 year old man?

What is the minimum age for the female involved in each of these cases? I'm just curious. I know a lot of people think that there's some kind of "1/2 your age + xxx" rule that defines the bounds of decency :p

I once worked with someone who was 46, he married a 22 year old. It worked. They are still together 8 years later and doing great.

Caporegime
I would totally advocate the legal age of consent being raised to 18 and there fore in-line with voting, drinking, gambling etc. It would make sense to align many of the adult related activities and will make it simpler to understand and enforce legally.

As it is now, the age of consent is 16 and the onus is on the alleged victim's legal team to prove there was not consent in the UK courts.

And it's for this reason I believe this will go nowhere.
You'll just make more under-18s criminals.

Kids start having sexual encounters at 14+ (with their peers, I hasten to add).

The law has already made plenty of kids criminals for sending explicit texts to each other... Do we want more kids to have convictions for sex offences... Or to end up like the States, where sex is entirely taboo, but you can legally wield an assault rifle from like 14 or something :D :D

Soldato
You'll just make more under-18s criminals.

Kids start having sexual encounters at 14+ (with their peers, I hasten to add).

The law has already made plenty of kids criminals for sending explicit texts to each other... Do we want more kids to have convictions for sex offences... Or to end up like the States, where sex is entirely taboo, but you can legally wield an assault rifle from like 14 or something :D :D
Absolutely this. I mean the hilarious adage was "can't bang, can't smoke, can't drink, but can go overseas and murder folk [join the army]".

Only a short sighted individual would think lowering the age of consent to result in more convictions is a sensible thing to do. What a pointless end outcome.

jcr

jcr

Associate
What is the correct definition of a child?

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier".

Stop thinking its normal and acceptable for middle aged men to sleep with 17 year olds please.

you really do need the assistance of a dictionary dont you.
heres a little help for you... a child is a person who hasnt reached puberty.
and if a 17 year old and a middle aged person want to have sex thats fine in my book and also in the eyes of the law.

Caporegime
and if a 17 year old and a middle aged person want to have sex thats fine in my book and also in the eyes of the law.
still weird :p if your 40.

I think for me 25 would be the cut off point, by that age most people are probably actually mature adults and look like women naked rather than schoolgirls with boobs

whenever I walk past uni students that are going/coming from clubbing I never even look at their bodies, seems like it would feel weird when there so much younger.

it's not really normal for a 40 year old imo.

I'm not saying it's pedo to sleep with a 17/18 year old but if your 40 and your predominantly attracted to 17/18 year olds it kinda seems like something is going on in your mind.

My last partner was 7 years younger and still liked to go clubbing which was kinda annoying at my age and not exactly much fun

Last edited:
Caporegime
it's not really normal for a 40 year old imo.
Crucially tho, that doesn't make it wrong.

People are different. I hesitate to say, "People are unique," but two people can bond over something that sets them apart from others.

If a 20-year-old woman finds her ideal match in a 40-year-old bloke, does it matter if it's normal or not?

"Normal" means different things in different societies anyhow. I'm not sure how strongly "normal" in this country corresponds to "moral" or "objectively the correct way for all people".

Soldato
you really do need the assistance of a dictionary dont you.
heres a little help for you... a child is a person who hasnt reached puberty.

Its legal in this country yes...doesnt make it legal where he decided to have sex with a child. Youre literally making that definition up lmao.

The NSPCC

In England a child is defined as anyone who has not yet reached their 18th birthday

You carry on defending a suspected nonce.

Caporegime
At a slight tangent to this, but something I hadn't heard of, was 'Baby Groupies' (12 to 16 years olds) and all the big names in Rock in the 70s.
Of course no one gave a flying fig as the bands made a hell of a lot of money for everyone and that it was apparently consensual.
Still, just goes to show what a lot of high status individuals think was/is perfectly fine and dandy if they know or think they can get away with it.
Ready those old LP's for the bonfire as we've all been listening to nonces for years it would seem...

Caporegime
Its legal in this country yes...doesnt make it legal where he decided to have sex with a child. Youre literally making that definition up lmao.

The NSPCC

In England a child is defined as anyone who has not yet reached their 18th birthday

You carry on defending a suspected nonce.
Would you also like to raise the age of consent to 18 in this country?

Otherwise it's a bit difficult to see where the outrage is. You're outraged he may have broke the law in the US, but if he'd just slept with her here that would be OK and he totally wouldn't be "a nonce"? Or he would still be a nonce because, regardless of UK law, it's wrong for a 40 year old to sleep with a 17 year old?

Soldato
Would you also like to raise the age of consent to 18 in this country?

Otherwise it's a bit difficult to see where the outrage is. You're outraged he may have broke the law in the US, but if he'd just slept with her here that would be OK and he totally wouldn't be "a nonce"? Or he would still be a nonce because, regardless of UK law, it's wrong for a 40 year old to sleep with a 17 year old?

Do you think its ok because its legal in the UK? What are your thoughts on it.

Caporegime
If it was in the uk and she was 17 and she seemed like she was up for it then in my mind that is legal.

I'm pretty sure Epstein would say to Andrew, I've just paid this girl off and threatened her unless she sleeps with you. Of course I might be wrong.

If its in the US and she's 17 and the age of consent is 28 then yes sure thats illegal.

Caporegime
Do you think its ok because its legal in the UK? What are your thoughts on it.
I have no problems with it, where there is no coercion or other factors nullifying consent.

If someone like Greta Thunberg is old enough to lecture world leaders about the climate, then a 17 year old is more than mentally capable of determining if they want to have sex or not, and with whom.

I'd have no issue with a 40 year old and a 16 year old either. It's legal, and at 16 many people are sexually active. It's their choice.

So, your turn. What are your thoughts on it?

e: We're not talking about grooming scenarios, here, which are basically a form of coercion. Imagine some simple hook-up in a club or pub or whatever. Nothing sinister.

Soldato
I think just because something is legal doesn’t make it right. The idea of a 40 year old with a 16 year old child makes my skin crawl. They are still in school ffs.

Absolutely rank.

Caporegime
I think just because something is legal doesn’t make it right. The idea of a 40 year old with a 16 year old child makes my skin crawl. They are still in school ffs.

Absolutely rank.
You're entitled to your opinion. And you're right when you say that just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

So, would you answer my original question?

What the youngest a 40 year old man should be sleeping with?
A 50 year old man?
A 60 year old man?

We've established you think 16 and 17 is far too young for all of them. So what's the figure you have in mind?

Soldato
You're entitled to your opinion. And you're right when you say that just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

A 50 year old man?
A 60 year old man?

We've established you think 16 and 17 is far too young for all of them. So what's the figure you have in mind?

No. You carry on thinking it’s acceptable for 40 year old men to sleep with kids studying for GCSEs.

Caporegime
No. You carry on thinking it’s acceptable for 40 year old men to sleep with kids studying for GCSEs.
That's a shame. I thought, having answered your question, you'd at least have the courage of your convictions to answer mine. Oh well.

Maybe I can tease the answer out of you.

Is it perfectly OK for a 40 year old to sleep with an 18 year old? Still too young?

** Quoting deleted message **

e: The law is all over the place on min ages for various things.

You can leave school at 16 and get a job operating heavy machinery.
You can't drive until 17, and you can't drive an HGV until 21.
You can consent at 16 but can't have send explicit texts until 18.
You can drink at home at 14, with a sit-down meal at 16, but not elsewhere in public until 18. If you buy alcohol for anyone under 18 you've broken the law, regardless of where they intend to drink it. But you could serve it to them legally.
You can vote at 18. Sometimes at 16.
You can be kicked out by your parents at 16 and left to fend for yourself.
Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

Absolutely rank.

It seems some of the posters on here are frothing at the mouth at the fact that legal age of consent is 16 and they'll still be classed as a child.

Soldato

A 50 year old man?
A 60 year old man?

18 on all three counts. It'll certainly be immoral and possible sugar daddy element to it. But at that point, the state determines they are of age to be classified as an adult and therefore can make their own decisions.

Caporegime
18 on all three counts. It'll certainly be immoral and possible sugar daddy element to it. But at that point, the state determines they are of age to be classified as an adult and therefore can make their own decisions.
That's interesting. If it's "certainly immoral" for a 40 year old man to sleep with an 18 year old woman, at what age (of the woman) does it stop being immoral? 25? 30? 35?

And what about the other way around? 18 year old man and 40 year old woman? Exactly the same or entirely different?

Back
Top Bottom