Samsung Monitor doesn't automatically turn on

Soldato
Hello, I have a SAMSUNG U32J590 4K Ultra HD 32 and when I turn my PC on it just stays off. I then have to press in the little JOG button on the back to turn it on, however if I shut my pc down it also shuts off the monitor automatically as normal. Any suggestions? As its pretty annoying having to manually turn on the monitor every time I want to use it? thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello, I have a SAMSUNG U32J590 4K Ultra HD 32 and when I turn my PC on it just stays off. I then have to press in the little JOG button on the back to turn it on, however if I shut my pc down it also shuts off the monitor automatically as normal. Any suggestions? As its pretty annoying having to manually turn on the monitor every time I want to use it? thanks.

It's all the power saving rubbish in the monitor menu, there is like 2 places on a samsung monitor to turn all that rubbish off. It can even cause the motherboards to throw up errors related to vga when all that stuff is on, the samsung monitors seem to go into a deep sleep mode and don't wake up again from desktop sleep mode or a starting up the pc and when you get the post errors then.

Turn off the eco stuff and should be fine then and will go into normal sleep mode and not the deep sleep that causes these issues. Remember at least 2 places to turn that stuff off and then turn the monitor off and back on to make sure it takes. If the blue led on the front is not flashing it means its in a deep sleep, flashing means normal sleep and will work fine from startup to desktop sleep in windows.

Soldato

See the post below. Out of the box with Eco Mode On etc mine is like yours but with mine set with Eco Mode Off (selected into Game Mode) it works "normally" and auto switches On.

It's all the power saving rubbish in the monitor menu, there is like 2 places on a samsung monitor to turn all that rubbish off.

Turn off the eco stuff and should be fine then and will go into normal sleep mode and not the deep sleep that causes these issues.

Soldato
OP
It's all the power saving rubbish in the monitor menu, there is like 2 places on a samsung monitor to turn all that rubbish off. It can even cause the motherboards to throw up errors related to vga when all that stuff is on, the samsung monitors seem to go into a deep sleep mode and don't wake up again from desktop sleep mode or a starting up the pc and when you get the post errors then.

Turn off the eco stuff and should be fine then and will go into normal sleep mode and not the deep sleep that causes these issues. Remember at least 2 places to turn that stuff off and then turn the monitor off and back on to make sure it takes. If the blue led on the front is not flashing it means its in a deep sleep, flashing means normal sleep and will work fine from startup to desktop sleep in windows.
See the post below. Out of the box with Eco Mode On etc mine is like yours but with mine set with Eco Mode Off (selected into Game Mode) it works "normally" and auto switches On.

Cheers for the help.

Back
Top Bottom