BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Got an e90 in the household, engine light and emissions light came up, got bmw sytner warranty who approved the repair.
Sensors (o2 and no2?) are stuck in exhaust and Sytner can't get them out. Sytner saying exhaust needs replacing at £1400 cost and insurer won't cover exhaust replacement.

Sheesh what to do? :(

Quite common that these get baked onto the downpipes, poor design in my opinion. Must be really bad if they can't get them off - heat and a hefty wrench should do the job. Ask them for some photos and go from there.

Caporegime
Got an e90 in the household, engine light and emissions light came up, got bmw sytner warranty who approved the repair.
Sensors (o2 and no2?) are stuck in exhaust and Sytner can't get them out. Sytner saying exhaust needs replacing at £1400 cost and insurer won't cover exhaust replacement.

Cut them off. Drill them out. Retap with a sleeve if necessary.

Soldato

Take it to a real garage rather than a "fitter". Heat/helicoil.

Associate
Just had a call from sytner - they gonna keep trying. I told them to keep the car for longer.

Dilema I got is if I take it to another garage I won't get the bmw warranty cover.

I could get another garage to remove them and then take it back to Sytner for the install I guess.

Soldato
Just had a call from sytner - they gonna keep trying. I told them to keep the car for longer.

Dilema I got is if I take it to another garage I won't get the bmw warranty cover.

I could get another garage to remove them and then take it back to Sytner for the install I guess.
Then send an email to their CEO saying how pathetic their garage is.

Man of Honour
Do the over the air map updates require the car to be on for a certain amount of time? Mine are outdated and I can update using USB but I don't have a stick big enough for the 34 GB file it downloads. My subscription ends at the end of the month so I'd like to have the latest on there for use as a fallback if I'm ever somewhere where I can't use Google/Apple maps via CarPlay.

Associate
Do the over the air map updates require the car to be on for a certain amount of time? Mine are outdated and I can update using USB but I don't have a stick big enough for the 34 GB file it downloads. My subscription ends at the end of the month so I'd like to have the latest on there for use as a fallback if I'm ever somewhere where I can't use Google/Apple maps via CarPlay.

I've never seen OTA map updates actually work properly, so I'd suggest picking up a cheapo USB stick and get it done before it expires.

Man of Honour
I've never seen OTA map updates actually work properly, so I'd suggest picking up a cheapo USB stick and get it done before it expires.
I got them at least twice on my M140i, if not more and I'm sure I also got them on my F10 when I had that and paid for the maps.

Given it's an AUC car I'd have expected the service department to have updated it when they did their checks but I guess that's expecting too much this day and age!

Associate
Yes imagine the horror of not immediately taking your lovely brand new BMW and making it look like a high mileage ex fleet ebay bargain with wicked mods :p

Your car is a G01 X3, this is the internal BMW model code.

I just really don't like the chrome around the grille (I changed it on my 4 series as well) - black looks much better, just my personal opinion of course.
Thanks for the GO1 confirmation.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
#Its not permanent though, you have to do it every time you start the car, it goes back to default :)
Indeed, makes sense, and you turn it on by pressing the distance button.
Can't believe I never knew; I've had the car for 2 years :(

It's like the time I discovered you could view track information/radio text on my A6 MMI 3 years into ownership...

Soldato
I thought as much. People believe anything they read these days no matter the source.

Indeed. Who knows the truth, I certainly don’t. But I can imagine and have experienced situations where the owner has made up how they were innocent and told a tall tale of injustice to try and lose the reputation that they were buying stolen goods and are complicit in that horrendous activity.

Back
Top Bottom