• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
i have an msi 6800 xt gaming trio.
and i have revereted back to 21.8.2..
these new drivers have caused nothing but stuttering in games such as warzone.. and csgo is barely playable
id no way recommend these new drivers at all.
my problems are fixed now
Are you using a Ryzen CPU?

If so did you happen to update to the new Chipset drivers (3.09.01.140) as well?

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
i have an msi 6800 xt gaming trio.
and i have revereted back to 21.8.2..
these new drivers have caused nothing but stuttering in games such as warzone.. and csgo is barely playable
id no way recommend these new drivers at all.
my problems are fixed now

Hey there, sorry to hear about this.
Was this following a clean install? If so, did you keep or clear user settings for Radeon Software?
Could you tell me with other applications you have running during gameplay?

Cheers

Soldato
Are you using a Ryzen CPU?

If so did you happen to update to the new Chipset drivers (3.09.01.140) as well?

@LtMatt @AMD_Vik

Alright, out of curiosity and due to the game Encased keep randomly crashing on me when I'm doing a reload so trying to make sure everything is up to date since it does it on any GPU drivers.

The link you provide there is from AMD, should anyone with a AMD motherboard use AMD's own Chipset drivers or use the Motherboard manufacture's own chipset drivers ?

Thank you. :)

Caporegime
OP
@LtMatt @AMD_Vik

Alright, out of curiosity and due to the game Encased keep randomly crashing on me when I'm doing a reload so trying to make sure everything is up to date since it does it on any GPU drivers.

The link you provide there is from AMD, should anyone with a AMD motherboard use AMD's own Chipset drivers or use the Motherboard manufacture's own chipset drivers ?

Thank you. :)
Always use the Chipset drivers direct from the AMD website for desktop systems.

Soldato
If your BIOS is only 8 months old, I'm sure it'll be fine without updating. If your system is working well, no need to take a risk and update tbh. :)
Well, the only problem I been having recently is with this game Encased that keeps crashing and each time I do get the AMD crash report dialogue box, so hence doing this. But I try just with the Chipset drivers and maybe that's all that's needed. :)

Caporegime
OP
Well, the only problem I been having recently is with this game Encased that keeps crashing and each time I do get the AMD crash report dialogue box, so hence doing this. But I try just with the Chipset drivers and maybe that's all that's needed. :)
I'm not familiar with that game so not sure if its an app or driver issue, but you could submit a bug report using the BRT.

Soldato
I'm not familiar with that game so not sure if its an app or driver issue, but you could submit a bug report using the BRT.
Thanks but after I lowered the refresh rate on my monitor from 144MHz to 60 I managed an hour of play without any crash and several reloads to check, so for the moment it seems alright. Just have a one digit FPS once it reloaded and takes 20/30 seconds before it moves up to 60, to figure out. Going to try 21.8.2 to see if there any change, can't recall it was so low FPS after a restart yesterday on those drivers.

Soldato
@LtMatt Well, I tried the above and no luck, still low FPS at a reload.. BUT.. I installed Steam and the game on my second PC which has a 1080Ti and there it was no problems. It dipped a bit during the reload but once it loaded back in game the FPS was at 60. So might be that the game is not optimized for AMD drivers or just me that having a really bad luck with the game ! :p

To bad you not familiar with the game but wouldn't expect you to be that for all the games out there ! Although if you can inquire with your colleagues maybe one of them are ? :)

@AMD_Vik Pinging you as well incase you might have more information ?

Edit: Well just found this over at steam discussions for the Encased game and it's more or less what I been experience:

Hmmm I actually think it runs on Unity.
Less likely unreal engine but looks like unity to me.

If you are an AMD GPU user then there are often issues with Unity.
In general unity often toast the GPU lacks frame limiters.... On AMD as a cherry on top it often crashes display drivers and other fun strange things. This game is no exception. It all started with the new Mechcommander game for me.
Then again Wasteland 3 runs fine and it is also unity. There are games that work as intended.
Source: Link to steam Scroll down to reply 7 and then a bit further down on reply 10 a user says this:

Looking at the install folder, it is most definitely using Unity.

UnityCrashHandler64.exe
UnityPlayer.dll

Right there in the root.

So, it might not be a driver issue after all but a game platform issue ? If that's the case I guess I have to keep playing the game on my secondary PC. :(

Last edited:
AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
I play a tonne of Unity-based indie games in general (can't stop - send help) and they've fortunately all been fine on my end.

I'm not familiar with Encased but we'll take a look into it, just let us know what your system configuration is when you get a moment.

Cheers.

Associate
Will I see much improvement using Sam using a r5 3600 and a 5600xt my computer was built last year and using stock bios on a mag b550 mortor mb?

Never updated a mb bios and I'm nervous about bricking it

Last edited:
Associate
hey guys sorry for late update was out yesterday.
yes i am on the new amd chipset drivers.
but also tested the 21.9.1 on the old chipset driver aswell.
i have a ryzen 5600x aswell.
latest mobo bios.
gpu drivers installed 100% properly.
the new drivers caused me massive stuttering and slowdowns in warzone csgo and resident evil village.
i rolled back to the previous gpu driver 21.8.1 i think it is.
every single problem has gone for me.
so in my own opinion do not update the drivers there terrible

Associate
OK updated the latest mb bios from msi as its a mag b550 mortor do I just need update the latest chipset drivers and gpu drivers
Do I get these off the msi site or ryzen? I'll be doing a fresh install of Windows aswell

Back
Top Bottom