• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I don’t think ive upgraded my 6800xt since i installed it several months ago, is there a definitive driver thats def safe n proven to work? i might upgrade to that, certainly doesn’t sound like its worth getting th latest drivers due to bugs etc

Associate
I don’t think ive upgraded my 6800xt since i installed it several months ago, is there a definitive driver thats def safe n proven to work? i might upgrade to that, certainly doesn’t sound like its worth getting th latest drivers due to bugs etc

on a rx6700xt and never had a bad driver version but I know this can be game dependant

Soldato
hey guys sorry for late update was out yesterday.
yes i am on the new amd chipset drivers.
but also tested the 21.9.1 on the old chipset driver aswell.
i have a ryzen 5600x aswell.
latest mobo bios.
gpu drivers installed 100% properly.
the new drivers caused me massive stuttering and slowdowns in warzone csgo and resident evil village.
i rolled back to the previous gpu driver 21.8.1 i think it is.
every single problem has gone for me.
so in my own opinion do not update the drivers there terrible

Must be something in your settings or setup combination causing it just started Resident Evil Village on 21.9.1 and plays beautifully smooth 60fps with Ray Tracing On and 128fps with FSR.
Played for about 2 hrs including about 15 minutes changing settings and looking at wood and tree's to see the difference.

Associate
Must be something in your settings or setup combination causing it just started Resident Evil Village on 21.9.1 and plays beautifully smooth 60fps with Ray Tracing On and 128fps with FSR.
Played for about 2 hrs including about 15 minutes changing settings and looking at wood and tree's to see the difference.
well in my opinion obviously everyone is different.
but the new drivers caused so many issues in different games more in competitive gaming tho
like stuttering jerking horrible frame rates.
im now back on the last drivers and for me every single issue has gone

Soldato
well in my opinion obviously everyone is different.

Thats what I mean different setups can discover an issue if something is slightly off in the driver but its also to do with your current setup too if others dont have an issue.
Common denominator is the driver version but the difference is the setup. Could also be the settings you use in the driver itself. Any number of things.

Associate
Thats what I mean different setups can discover an issue if something is slightly off in the driver but its also to do with your current setup too if others dont have an issue.
Common denominator is the driver version but the difference is the setup. Could also be the settings you use in the driver itself. Any number of things.
Yep thats true. Well in driver settings i dont use any freesync stuff or any of those things.
All i have enabled literally is 10 bit
As i have a samsung q90t tv
Everything else is on default really

Soldato
I play a tonne of Unity-based indie games in general (can't stop - send help) and they've fortunately all been fine on my end.

I'm not familiar with Encased but we'll take a look into it, just let us know what your system configuration is when you get a moment.

Cheers.

Sorry that it took a while, been updating the BIOS as well as trying older graphics drivers until version 21.6.1, just incase. Also installed the monitors driver, just for.. well.. reasons.. :p

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master rev 1.1, Bios F34, Chipset Drivers 3.09.01.140 (from LtMatt's post here)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics Card: Saphhire Radeon RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Memory: 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 8GB 3000MHz, DDR4, CL15 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
C Drive: WB Blue SN550 NVMe SSD (But Steam is on a 4TB HDD Toshiba X300 Performance)
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2
Monitor: Dell 38" Alienware AW3821DW IPS 21:9

Everything is running on stock and never done any overclocks.

Think that's about all, anything else you need to know or for me to try, just ask. :)

Edit: I thought I move the game to my C: drive which is the M.2 SSD but there was no difference. Then had a look online what prices was and saw a local shop had a bit of a sale so ended up buying a new M.2 drive for gaming, been thinking it for a while anyway so used this as an excuse !

Reinstalled Steam on new drive and then reinstalled Encased as well, nothing else on the drive. But, no difference. Then (as the fool I am) I come to think of something else I had not tried. It always been in borderless window, so switched to full screen, and no difference. So switched to bordered window and.. no FPS dips when reloading ! I tired several times but it loaded just fine. So went and changed the size on the bordered window in the settings.json so it fit the window better and should hopefully be alright now. Yet have to play since I only did a quick check, now moving other games over to new drive. :p

Now, not sure why the difference but that's how it is for the moment. If anyone ever figure out why it not working in borderless window or full screen, please let me know. :)

@AMD_Vik You got your Trusted open and working ?

Last edited:
Associate
Be interesting what it would have done with a proper monitor attached.
its a 2020 flagship 4k tv. hdmi 2.1
4.4.4 full chroma playing with full hdr. runs beautifull
play games at 4k not 1440p
and 120hz its one of the main reasons i got the 6800 xt for full hdmi 2.1
so im really happy thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone using the Lossless Scaling FSR app? I've seen a few videos on it and look pretty good but there hasn't been much coverage from mainstream media as yet.

Can this tool genuinely be running FSR non natively? Or is it just running a variation of lancros?

Soldato
its a 2020 flagship 4k tv. hdmi 2.1
4.4.4 full chroma playing with full hdr. runs beautifull
play games at 4k not 1440p
and 120hz its one of the main reasons i got the 6800 xt for full hdmi 2.1
so im really happy thanks.

I meant to see if it had same issue not that it was a bad TV.
What does it show in settings / display / display spec in Radeon Software ?
Does it display the correct hz ?

Associate
I meant to see if it had same issue not that it was a bad TV.
What does it show in settings / display / display spec in Radeon Software ?
Does it display the correct hz ?
everything is correct and set up the same with all other amd drivers i have used.
just the new drivers gave me loads of stuttering problems in games warzone was literally unplayable along with csgo.
since i went back to the last driver everything has gone no more issues.
theres also another forum where a few people have reported similar issues aswell.
maybe it happens for some

Associate
For me the new driver 21.9.1 breaks the SAM support, resizable BAR no longer available.
Also now the gpu during gameing spikes to 290w sometimes(compared to before it was 240w max).
I did a clean install with DDU.

Soldato
For me the new driver 21.9.1 breaks the SAM support, resizable BAR no longer available.

Did same for me I had to do another reboot after I checked it was still enabled in the bios then it worked in Radeon Software.
Just seems AMD have took great glee adding CPU support on a couple of pages but not tested it fully.

Also now the gpu during gameing spikes to 290w sometimes(compared to before it was 240w max).

do you check this with HWINFO as on this thread bit back or the 6900xt owners thread this was proven to be a false reading.

I have HWINFO and seen no spikes just looks normal and I use HWINFO OSD with Riva Tuner.

Back
Top Bottom