No Time To Die (now contains spoilers!) Ha

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How quickly will it be available streaming (- does craig have a deal like johannsen) ;
covid situation in the USA is still poor, so not sure they couldn't see some public measures/closures eg. Florida.
Johannsen sued Disney over the release of Black Widow on simultaneous streaming... she very much doesn't have a deal :p (link)

Caporegime
Wonder if the curse of the next Bond actor will happen? For me the last 2 Bonds - their first film has been leagues ahead of the follow ups.

Goldeneye and Casio Royale for the win.

Soldato
Seems the female actress Lashana Lynch is doing tour of the interview media circus.

On the other hand - thought the being james bond on itv last night was good - sentimental.
the fact that they played all the time in the world - a testament to that being one of the best bond scenes.

30 MINUTES OF FULL-SCREEN IMAX SEQUENCES - SEE MORE OF THE ACTION IN IMAX!

Select sequences captured on IMAX 1570 Film cameras. Sequences will expand to fill full-screen height (1.43:1 aspect ratio).
so real film rolls will be used at some IMAX's
which parts ? the initial opening and the end ?

Soldato
How quickly will it be available streaming (- does craig have a deal like johannsen) ;
covid situation in the USA is still poor, so not sure they couldn't see some public measures/closures eg. Florida.
They are still gunning for cinema only release it seems...so 3 months maybe?
Which would put it around Xmas, perfect for Amazon to promote their Prime service with Bond. Get your presents via Amazon and also get to watch Bond on christmas day seems like too good a marketing gimmick to miss really.

Soldato
I haven't been a Bond fan in a long time, I just watch the films when I can on my TV, but I'm going to see this one Saturday night for 2 reasons.

1. Ana De Armas.
2. I work at a motorcycle dealer and we supplied 2 bikes to the shoot which when we got back they needed a lot of work. I have no idea if they were used in the shooting of the film or in the film itself so I am eager to see if I can see them on screen.

Soldato
A bike crashed by Bond presumably worth a lot - unrestored ?

Streaming

This should be an ideal showcase for the sony high bitrate (2x apple) 4K streaming service, which I suspect is a lot more secure than other services

Man of Honour
I haven't been a Bond fan in a long time, I just watch the films when I can on my TV, but I'm going to see this one Saturday night for 2 reasons.

1. Ana De Armas.
2. I work at a motorcycle dealer and we supplied 2 bikes to the shoot which when we got back they needed a lot of work. I have no idea if they were used in the shooting of the film or in the film itself so I am eager to see if I can see them on screen.
I see that Triumph are trying to cash in on the 007 connection with a Tiger 900 Bond edition :cry:

Man of Honour
We're not Triumph and I would always expect Bond to be riding a British brand. I assume either some bad guys were riding our bikes or, most likely, they were used for filming. I'll see on Saturday.
In previous films he's usually mugged a baddie for the bike. So it could be any brand that's prepared to pay for the product placement. In the trailers he rides a Triumph Scrambler. I've never bothered lokking at the bikes he rides but as I got my license this year I'm suddenly interested :)

Let us know (if you're allowed) once you see it on screen.

The only bit of Bond memporabilia I have is a crew beanie from (I forget which) a recent film, bought from a collector at work as I had a cold head at the time :)

Soldato
09:00 Saturday.
it's a bit utilitiarian - Dune at midday and, back for Strictly in the evening ?

Haven't seen any is it relevant publicity, mostly based on nostalgia for the brand and familiarity in these covid times,they don't seem to have gone too Black Panther on the advertising, press were talking to Feebi waller bridge, will be interesting to spot her impact on the vocabulary.

Caporegime
BBC article says new bond reviews are mostly good.

This stood out though:

The Independent's Clarisse Loughrey was less enthusiastic, awarding the film three stars and describing the premise as "generic spy nonsense".

"[Director] Cary Joji Fukunaga has made a smashing piece of action cinema with No Time To Die - it's just a shame it had to be a Bond film," she said. "What's most disappointing is how strangely anti-climatic the whole thing feels."

She added: "Despite Phoebe Waller-Bridge's much-publicised contributions to the film's script, No Time to Die hardly feels like the radical feminist rewrite we were promised."

Now generally I stand up for movie critics on here, as a lot of people seem to think they are all paid shills, but in this case I'm pretty sure nobody promised you a radical feminist rewrite, Clarisse...that was all in your head.

Man of Honour
In previous films he's usually mugged a baddie for the bike. So it could be any brand that's prepared to pay for the product placement. In the trailers he rides a Triumph Scrambler. I've never bothered lokking at the bikes he rides but as I got my license this year I'm suddenly interested :)

Let us know (if you're allowed) once you see it on screen.

The only bit of Bond memporabilia I have is a crew beanie from (I forget which) a recent film, bought from a collector at work as I had a cold head at the time :)
Seen the scrambler and the tigers they used in filming at the Triumph factory last weekend, one thing I'd never considered is that the dirt is actually part of the paintwork...mind blown :D

Seen the 1st bond edition tiger sat waiting for some final bits on the assembly line as well, the "007" down the tank really does ruin in but they've sold the lot so what do I know.

Soldato

This stood out though:

Now generally I stand up for movie critics on here, as a lot of people seem to think they are all paid shills, but in this case I'm pretty sure nobody promised you a radical feminist rewrite, Clarisse...that was all in your head.

I saw that and thought: At least some of the people on here crying about them allowing women to do anything other than have their bum smacked and look pretty might calm down. :D

But yeah, in reality I thought the same as you. Also the bit where she described it as "generic spy nonsense", but also a "smashing bit of action cinema", but concluded it was "a shame it had to be a Bond film". I think she has some issues with Bond which are confusing her a little.

Associate

This stood out though:

She occasionally stands in for Mark on the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo film review radio show/podcast, and she's absolutely dreadful. I just skip the show if she's covering. Just a plain bad critic.

Back
Top Bottom