• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

So im noticing after living with my 6800XT for six months that in games, im getting a lot of stutter or frame spikes based on the game being fullscreen or windowed or borderless. Doesn't seem any pattern to it, one game works great fullscreen but not borderless but another game works great windowed but not fullscreen, interchange as you like, games seem random? Without doing an AMD/Nvidia thing i never had this problem on Nvidia? I love the performance of my 6800 but the drivers seem all over the place!

Soldato
So im noticing after living with my 6800XT for six months that in games, im getting a lot of stutter or frame spikes based on the game being fullscreen or windowed or borderless. Doesn't seem any pattern to it, one game works great fullscreen but not borderless but another game works great windowed but not fullscreen, interchange as you like, games seem random? Without doing an AMD/Nvidia thing i never had this problem on Nvidia? I love the performance of my 6800 but the drivers seem all over the place!

Well in order to try and figure out what could be the culprit we would need some information. It would be nice to know what CPU & Monitor you have, what OS version and build you are running, what games does what in certain screen modes, GPU drivers tried including sync options such as vsync, enhanced sync or adaptive sync are being used, and last but not least, If any 3rd party programs such as overlays or OC apps are being used. If any spot something I've missed please quote and add.

Soldato
New ones seem pretty good.

Seen a 400 point firestrike increase with my undervolt enabled which is nice :)

Previous version seemed to have a lot more CPU data shown in the overlay. Shame that has gone back to just usage only

Associate
With Battlefield 2042 beta due to release tomorrow do i need a updated driver to play ? Is there any new driver being released for it i think nvidia have released a game ready driver !

Thanks

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
@martian1 you're in luck -21.10.1 is now available to download:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-10-1

Support For
  • Microsoft® Windows® 11 Operating System
  • Far Cry® 6
    • Up to 10% increase in performance in Far Cry® 6 @ 1080p Ultra Settings with raytracing enabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 12 GB Radeon™ RX 6700 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.RS-412
    • Up to 12% increase in performance in Far Cry® 6 @ 4K Medium Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.RS-413
    • Up to 13% increase in performance in Far Cry® 6 @ 1440p Medium Settings with raytracing enabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 8 GB Radeon™ RX 6600 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.RS-414
  • Battlefield™ 2042 (Open Beta)
  • Naraka: Bladepoint™
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™
    • DirectX® 12
      • Up to 11% increase in performance in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ @ 4K Ultra Settings with DX12, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.RS-415
Fixed Issues
  • Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to driver timeouts or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
  • Some users may experience high idle memory clock speed values when two or more monitors are connected to their system.
  • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing The Medium™ on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • On full GPU load, Radeon™ Software may incorrectly display higher than actual GPU power consumption values.
  • While playing Wreckfest™ or Arma™ 3, image corruption may be experienced when viewing foliage.
Known Issues
  • Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
  • AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.

Associate
@AMD_Vik One of the fixes says "Some users may experience high idle memory clock speed values when two or more monitors are connected to their system." however the moment I turn on my 2nd monitor, even if I turn down the hz to 60 from 144, my 6900XT memory idle speeds jump to max and stay there. If I go to display settings and change to Only Show Monitor 1, the memory goes right back down to your "normal" idle speeds.

Back
Top Bottom