• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
@AMD_Vik One of the fixes says "Some users may experience high idle memory clock speed values when two or more monitors are connected to their system." however the moment I turn on my 2nd monitor, even if I turn down the hz to 60 from 144, my 6900XT memory idle speeds jump to max and stay there. If I go to display settings and change to Only Show Monitor 1, the memory goes right back down to your "normal" idle speeds.

Could be a maximum throughput or even a VBI thing at play here. Which display models do you have?

Have you tested any other refresh rates on your secondary display to see how they behave?

Associate
Could be a maximum throughput or even a VBI thing at play here. Which display models do you have?

Have you tested any other refresh rates on your secondary display to see how they behave?
I have an MSI Optix MAG274QRF QD (165hz 1440p) and a LG 27GL83A (144hz 1440p), both connected through DP.

The MAG has options for 60/120/165, and the LG has 60/100/120/144.

After checking the only way that the memory will go on idle while having both ON is if they are both set to 60hz. The moment I try to increase either off to 100 in case of the LG monitor, or more, it gets stuck at max speed. When this happens consumption stays at around 35-43w according to Radeon Software.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
I have an MSI Optix MAG274QRF QD (165hz 1440p) and a LG 27GL83A (144hz 1440p), both connected through DP.

The MAG has options for 60/120/165, and the LG has 60/100/120/144.

After checking the only way that the memory will go on idle while having both ON is if they are both set to 60hz. The moment I try to increase either off to 100 in case of the LG monitor, or more, it gets stuck at max speed. When this happens consumption stays at around 35-43w according to Radeon Software.

If you have the time, could you tell me what your idle memory clock behaviour was like on 21.8.2?

Associate
If you have the time, could you tell me what your idle memory clock behaviour was like on 21.8.2?
Sorry I didnt have time yesterday.

I just installed 21.8.2, and it does the same thing. If they are both set to 60hz it goes on idle, anything but that causes the RAM to stay stuck on max.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Sorry I didnt have time yesterday.

I just installed 21.8.2, and it does the same thing. If they are both set to 60hz it goes on idle, anything but that causes the RAM to stay stuck on max.
Hey there,

If that the case, it's unlikely you would be affected by the idle memory clock fix that went into 21.10.1, as that went in to revert a change going into 21.9.X causing certain display configurations to idle at the maximum memory clock when they would otherwise be able to gear down.

Associate
Hey there,

If that the case, it's unlikely you would be affected by the idle memory clock fix that went into 21.10.1, as that went in to revert a change going into 21.9.X causing certain display configurations to idle at the maximum memory clock when they would otherwise be able to gear down.
That is fine, so is this still considered a bug or is it normal behaviour?

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
That is fine, so is this still considered a bug or is it normal behaviour?
In this case, I'd say it's expected behaviour.

If this is caused by VBI then you might have some luck gearing down with the Custom Resolutions feature in Radeon Software or with CRU, though I'm not sure what can be done if it's due to display bandwith besides reducing the refresh rate (or resolution but I wouldn't expect anyone to do this) on one or both of your displays.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
really wished amd would pull their finger out their ass and sort their drivers out sick of driver timeout errors
Hey there, could you tell us how long you've been experiencing driver timeouts with your 5600XT?

Could you pinpoint it to a specific driver version, for example?

Do they still occur for you at stock settings? (without the undervolt to 900mV)

Soldato
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes.

Any AMD guys I redeemed a copy of Far Cry 6 with product a while back and it says I've spent the credit. I've never been sent a code to redeem and the game has not appeared in Ubisoft connect, are there additional steps to redeem the game.

Thanks for any help :)

Caporegime
OP
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes.

Any AMD guys I redeemed a copy of Far Cry 6 with product a while back and it says I've spent the credit. I've never been sent a code to redeem and the game has not appeared in Ubisoft connect, are there additional steps to redeem the game.

Thanks for any help :)
Conact the Rewards support team for this type of inquiries.
Support - AMD Rewards

Back
Top Bottom