*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Start > "Core Isolation"

Then toggle it off if it's on.
Thanks.

Will be checking that out when I get the chance. One of my favourite sites :)

Well I just reinstalled this morning, clean(ish) install and its off by default.
Good to know.

Made a boot able USB with the media creation tool and just upgrading my laptop now. Will see what's what and decide if I want to upgrade my desktop. But I will probably wait at least a few weeks before doing so.

Associate
No thats the path I had to take to get it installed from a previous version. No idea why the tool failed though. Previous to that I just mounted the ISO and clicked setup.exe which also worked but left my with my downloads and pics etc via windows.old

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well I am satisfied that 11 is stable and decent enough to keep on full time so have deleted the previous windows install in the cleanup wizard saving a massive 12GB. It's all 11 from here on. The latency delay on right clicking context menu items is even more obvious when you right click the start button itself which shows the menu instantly. Just the start button though, all other taskbar icons have the same latency delay as desktop and folder items. An annoying thing to get used to I guess which they may or may not address in a future update. Surprised it's not something that was looked into with all the beta/dev channel insider testing...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Mine sat at 85% for a long while too. I'd say total install time doing an inplace upgrade took about hour and a half.

Keep an eye on your disk activity LED to make sure it is actually doing stuff. Depending on your drive speed, it may take longer. The process of creating Windows.old does take a while too^

Associate
Mine sat at 85% for a long while too. I'd say total install time doing an inplace upgrade took about hour and a half.

Keep an eye on your disk activity LED to make sure it is actually doing stuff. Depending on your drive speed, it may take longer. The process of creating Windows.old does take a while too^

what version do you have now ?

Back
Top Bottom