*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Oh well, I don't think the upgrade work for me at all, gets to like 80% then there is no HDD activity, gonna leave it for a bit but I suspect it will just be the same as before. Might have to do a fresh install after all.

Associate
Is anyone else's audio super quiet when on full volume when using Airpods? It's definitely not the Airpods because when I connect to my work laptop on W10 they're fine, but on 11 on my Surface Laptop 3 they're very, very quiet

I've been having several issues with audio. I'm using an audio card, 5.1 surround speakers and a razor kraken headset.
The audio was low through the speakers. The headset was ok. But then I figured that several options were turned off in the audio control panel. Switching them back on fixed the audio volume.
Also I was having issues with my mic. It wasnt registering and the windows sound settings panel badly bugged out on me but i fixed that by updating my audio cards control panel then rebooting windows.
Yes win 11 has minor audio issues.

Seems my issue is affecting more and more people.

How to fix error 0x800F0830 – 0x20003
According to speculation, error 0x800F0830 – 0x20003 is also related to drivers and currently there is no best solution.

If you are facing problems during the Windows 11 upgrade that we haven’t covered yet, try downloading the Windows 11 ISO file, then mount it and perform the upgrade in place. This solution is supposed to fix quite a few problems.

Associate
If i upgrade windows10 pro it turns into windows11 home :D
Nope, i upgraded and im on win 11 pro

how did you upgrade it ?

So you did an Inplace upgrade by mounting the ISO which worked for me today, but with the windows tool my windows 10 pro downgraded to windows11 home. This maybe because I had a digital license on a previous windows 11 home edition, which of course I deleted before upgrade this time.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎06/‎10/‎2021
OS build 22000.194
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0

Associate
Well installed Windows 11 fine on my new ssd, then tried installing windows mixed reality and just get the message, WMR needs an update and won't install any further. Looks like a common problem to, after a quick Google. Glad I have my old drive with my 10 install on it

Associate
Does anyone have issues with their cursor randomly freezing/lagging?

Had issue in the Co Release I initially updated too but thought it was a bug that would be fixed come release.
However still having issues.

Is there a setting that could be potentially causing do you think?
Never had any issues in W10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom