• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
We shall be selling parts separately, so no bundles people can just buy their own motherboard, DDR5 or DDR4 etc.
We may also offer bundles but its early days yet and the product does not go on sale for a while yet.

Ah, fair enough, maybe it isn't up on retail yet but Intel advised they are doing bundles, a bit like back in the RAMBUS days, not sure how much kick back you'll be getting if they offer them in the UK.

OcUK Staff
Ah, fair enough, maybe it isn't up on retail yet but Intel advised they are doing bundles, a bit like back in the RAMBUS days, not sure how much kick back you'll be getting if they offer them in the UK.

Its a bit different from the Rambus days though, I have several DDR5 samples in house and most memory manufacturers will have DDR5 available, mostly based in Micron IC but availability should be ok. Whereas on the Rambus side there was very little availability so the whole bundling was really the only way, I still remember my Abit TH7-II. :D

Also plenty of DDR4 options as well, the move to DDR5 does not yield really any improvement in our testing but at the same time were comparing against the best DDR4 to very early 4800MHz DDR5 and the DDR5 will of course stretch its legs more and more, were working on hopefully getting some 5000MHz plus kit in for launch but as the saying goes, there is simply not enough time at present to try and sort everything out, so we shall on that one.

Soldato
Its a bit different from the Rambus days though, I have several DDR5 samples in house and most memory manufacturers will have DDR5 available, mostly based in Micron IC but availability should be ok. Whereas on the Rambus side there was very little availability so the whole bundling was really the only way, I still remember my Abit TH7-II. :D

Also plenty of DDR4 options as well, the move to DDR5 does not yield really any improvement in our testing but at the same time were comparing against the best DDR4 to very early 4800MHz DDR5 and the DDR5 will of course stretch its legs more and more, were working on hopefully getting some 5000MHz plus kit in for launch but as the saying goes, there is simply not enough time at present to try and sort everything out, so we shall on that one.
Any idea on DDR5 pricing yet compared to the binned DDR4

Soldato

Rambus! That takes me back…are we getting old? :/

Soldato
OP

How is overclocking? We see lots of manufacturers every week bragging they've got their kit at 8000mhz+ but they don't mention how easy that is, is every DDR5 sample doing 8000mhz cl50 or is it rare?

Soldato
Competitor already leaked prices - spoiler alert, they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. £550 for an i7 12700K. £310 for an i5 12600K.

Soldato
Competitor already leaked prices - spoiler alert, they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. £550 for an i7 12700K. £310 for an i5 12600K.

Seem a listing for a DDR5 board and that was pricy. TBH a few shops seem to do this on the release of new hardware. It’s like they are signalling to each other to bump the prices.

Soldato
Seem a listing for a DDR5 board and that was pricy. TBH a few shops seem to do this on the release of new hardware. It’s like they are signalling to each other to bump the prices.
Good thing the CPUs perform the same with DDR4 according to Gibbo so no need to shell out on DDR5.

Soldato
Yeah but nothing stopping you from sticking a cheap set in and losing a couple of % performance as you would Zen or any other platform.

Or losing a lot of percentages and beta testing thread director. Nothing is stopping *you* doing that. It might stop other people though.

Associate
Since many of you love CB so much...

image0.jpg

Associate
This guy said that it was running at 4,9Ghz on B660 without TVB
12900K at 4,9Ghz scores 768 single thread in cinebench R20
5950X scores at best 648 at stock 4,9Ghz boost

so 12900K has 18,5% higher IPC compared to Zen3.

12900K should score 830 at 5,3Ghz

c7489e2fb1efd2a62318a3e57b8f5ae82d75efe3d19edfe085a0ccb21ee07ea1.png

Back
Top Bottom