Far Cry 6

Soldato
It does not stop me playing the game but every time I boot up the game I get the error message:
Connection Lost.
A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable .Please try later.

What to do if anything?

Soldato
This is an absolute travesty of a game. I have the special edition of nearly every game of this franchise and this has to the lowest effort game yet. Shockingly bad characters. AI and the graphics even with the extra textures pack are utter pants. As someone else said this game needs to be shelved for a good few years now and then relooked at.

Soldato
Enjoying it quite a lot now, took a while to get back in to the mindset of FC gaming, stupid stuff happening all the time etc. Game engine is old but it plays pretty well
I've not properly played any FC game since 2 I think so not burnt out by the copypasta format

Had a few crashes, seems to mainly happen when fighting helicopters
UBISoft servers keep timing out so save syncing etc is pretty hit and miss

Associate
This is an absolute travesty of a game. I have the special edition of nearly every game of this franchise and this has to the lowest effort game yet. Shockingly bad characters. AI and the graphics even with the extra textures pack are utter pants. As someone else said this game needs to be shelved for a good few years now and then relooked at.

If they didn't add all that stupid base management/building and focused on a solid 1st person action game like the old FC games, they would have had a much better product.

Soldato
I cannot get it to boot into the game on my laptop at all, just gets stuck on a black screen, Ive tried reinstalling it, running as administrator, putting an exception in antivirus.

Runs fine on my desktop, just frustrating as I play more on my laptop these days.

Soldato
Despite my initial impressions i'm loving this now but i'd only ever played FC 1 & 3.

I've stopped noticing the janky looking puddles so much & it seems it's normally dry anyway. The turning point for me was the first compound I had a pop at with a Supremo, I tried to stealth it & got spotted 2 kills in so let rip with the Supremo, following what seemed like a barrage of explosions & about 10 seconds of complete carnage everyone was dead & half the embankment along the side of the base was up in flames, that was fun!

I like the fact it's making me search for gear & supplies too.

It runs butter smooth on my RX6800 with RT effects on at 3440 x 1440, all set to ultra, HD Textures & resolution scaling set to 1.2, certainly are better looking games out there though but it's still decent.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I take it increasing the resolution scaling improves image quality? Can’t say I’ve ever tried it before but might give it a go tonight. Will probably put my 3090FE through it’s paces but hopefully GSync will keep it smooth.

Associate
I’m not played the intro and 1st mission, enjoyed it so far but it’s like every other far cry game I’ve played just a slightly different story. It was free so can’t complain and it’s the sort of game I can just pick up and play for an hour or so.

Associate
I can see why Ubisoft don't have Steam's 2h refund policy!
I've played every Far Cry to date but regret buying FC6 and would have refunded it on Steam.

Only 2 difficulty levels.
Terrible, terrible, gob-smackingly awful AI.
Graphics are meh at best - this is with the HD pack in 4K.
Such simplified gameplay compared to earlier FCs.

I so wish I'd waited for Mack's review on WAB, 'cos he is spot on.

Soldato
I'm so lost... How on earth do I change out my throwable weapons? I need some c4 or grenades to destroy AA.

Found the solution... Jesus wept that's not intuitive, you need to change the 'mod' on the supremo you have equipped.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I can see why Ubisoft don't have Steam's 2h refund policy!
I've played every Far Cry to date but regret buying FC6 and would have refunded it on Steam.

Only 2 difficulty levels.
Terrible, terrible, gob-smackingly awful AI.
Graphics are meh at best - this is with the HD pack in 4K.
Such simplified gameplay compared to earlier FCs.

I so wish I'd waited for Mack's review on WAB, 'cos he is spot on.

The £12.99 for the U+ sub was worth it. Cancelling end of the month :p

Back
Top Bottom