The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Just back from my M3 test drive and must say very impressed with the "experience" so far and the bloke I spoke to I'm the showroom. Thoroughly enjoyable so far and do like the car.

Will be interesting to see how the P2 experience / test drive goes tomorrow ...

Soldato
Just back from my M3 test drive and must say very impressed with the "experience" so far and the bloke I spoke to I'm the showroom. Thoroughly enjoyable so far and do like the car.

Will be interesting to see how the P2 experience / test drive goes tomorrow ...

that's good to get back to back test drives....Enjoy

Associate
Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I have been reading people on the Tesla UK forum picking up M3's in the 'Available Inventory' on the Tesla website. I seems they are constantly being put on there and sold pretty quickly.

I am tempted to keep checking and grab one rather than waiting until my November order arrives. But I do wonder if the reason these are available is due to being refused for defects, panel gaps etc.

Has anyone bought one of these?

I did this, had one ordered for November (referral and free 1k supercharger too), then the same spec came up in Southampton, ordered on the 25th Sept, picked up on the 30th. I didn't mind too much that I lost £100 and the supercharger miles as I got the car straight away :D. It also saved me getting a temporary car for 4-6 weeks as Cazoo bought my BMW on the 28th Sept.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I did this, had one ordered for November (referral and free 1k supercharger too), then the same spec came up in Southampton, ordered on the 25th Sept, picked up on the 30th. I didn't mind too much that I lost £100 and the supercharger miles as I got the car straight away :D. It also saved me getting a temporary car for 4-6 weeks as Cazoo bought my BMW on the 28th Sept.
Give Tesla a call on 01628 450660 and see if they’ll honour the free supercharger miles.

In my experience they’re really helpful.

Soldato
I found it funny when I had the model 3 test drive that they kept mentioning it was limited to 85 (which considering it was the Leeds dealer was daft), but they mentioned a few times the acceleration was unaffected, almost like that's what most people test drive them for:cry:.

Soldato
it was a performance model when I did my test drive - shame it was Edinburgh city centre!!! Not really able to unleash it at any time!
The ‘Performance’ pack doesn’t actually change the performance. It’s the same power and torque as the standard dual motor car.
The pack adds manually adjustable suspension, Bembro brakes, gold seat belts and valve caps.

Soldato
The ‘Performance’ pack doesn’t actually change the performance.
the performance pack includes a different HK audio too no ? https://www.polestar.com/uk/polestar-2/plus-pack/
but maybe options have been remixed in new single motor models, like heat pump too.
After seeing the absence of usb playback app on Android Automotive system(Renault too) and apps, in general, I am less enamored by the os

Soldato
Soldato
Well all a bit of a none event, literally ....

We decided to get there (Trafford Centre) early and have some lunch before the test.

Walked past the "showroom" and decided to go and have a look as there were only 2 or 3 people in. Must admit, the interior looks a lot more like the CLS I'm coming from in terms of shape, quality and general "stuff". Sat in it and felt a tad "cosy" not claustrophobic, but not far off. I'll caveat that with full disclosure, I'm 6 foot 1 and carry some extra timber. Compete opposite to the "minimalist" / roomy interior of the M3.

When I got out the Mrs' face said it all. She had never seen one in the flesh but had previously said she wasn't a fan of the rear end (the car :p) but she had also taken an immediate dislike to the front as well, in particular the grille. My two daughters also were not impressed at all compared to the Tesla.

Went for lunch and discussed the pros and cons of each and I'd we should just do the test drive anyway. We were until realised it's a "group demo" session then a fixed test drive on a specific route, in convoy. A far cry from the Tesla, here's the keys, please try and be back in under an hour ....

Decision was made to sack off the Test Drive and...

Screenshot-20211010-154840.jpg

Just waiting on confirmation of the trade in for the CLS and a delivery date :D very excited !!

Soldato
Well all a bit of a none event, literally ....

We decided to get there (Trafford Centre) early and have some lunch before the test.

Walked past the "showroom" and decided to go and have a look as there were only 2 or 3 people in. Must admit, the interior looks a lot more like the CLS I'm coming from in terms of shape, quality and general "stuff". Sat in it and felt a tad "cosy" not claustrophobic, but not far off. I'll caveat that with full disclosure, I'm 6 foot 1 and carry some extra timber. Compete opposite to the "minimalist" / roomy interior of the M3.

When I got out the Mrs' face said it all. She had never seen one in the flesh but had previously said she wasn't a fan of the rear end (the car :p) but she had also taken an immediate dislike to the front as well, in particular the grille. My two daughters also were not impressed at all compared to the Tesla.

Went for lunch and discussed the pros and cons of each and I'd we should just do the test drive anyway. We were until realised it's a "group demo" session then a fixed test drive on a specific route, in convoy. A far cry from the Tesla, here's the keys, please try and be back in under an hour ....

Decision was made to sack off the Test Drive and...

Screenshot-20211010-154840.jpg

Just waiting on confirmation of the trade in for the CLS and a delivery date :D very excited !!
I’m guessing they’ve done away with the hedgehog order complete page?!

You might get a better price selling your existing car to the likes of Motorway/WBAC rather than trading it in to Tesla.

Soldato
I’m guessing they’ve done away with the hedgehog order complete page?!

You might get a better price selling your existing car to the likes of Motorway/WBAC rather than trading it in to Tesla.

Lol, no i got the hedgehog screen when the order went through - that's from the confirmation email :D

I tried a handfull.of places for trade in / sale of the CLS - WBAC, Cazoo, Evans Halshaw and a few others, Tesla actually offered the best price, but to be fair, all within a few hundred quid of each other !

I have a private plate on my CLS do suppose I need to get that out onto retention before delivery - I'll drop them a note

Soldato
I was interested in what "said a few things" meant :D.
Shame didn't test drive the P2 tbh - good to have something to compare with. Sounds like maybe a bit of a bias mixed in to not even bother.
Decent decision either way.
i4 not far off, I wouldnt mind testing one and a Mod 3 at some point.

Soldato
Congrats. What spec did you go for in the end? You won't be disappointed either way! I remember the one thing I loved about Tesla was how simple ordering and choosing the spec was. Some manufacturers have so many options and packs that include a bulk of some options that it's like a mix between booking a Ryanair flight and setting up a complex MMPORG character.

Soldato
I've heard others having issues trying to get a proper test drive of a Polestar, seems their test drive system needs some work, but I suppose either way it wouldn't have mattered since 50% of the vote didn't like the look or interior of it anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom