Fireworks have started

Soldato
Don't know about anyone else but my part of London has had people letting off fireworks every night for the last week or so , seemingly no shortage of importing them.

Soldato
Heard the first few home style ones up here in Stoke last night, followed a few minutes later by what I'm guessing was a single "industrial" type one which was just a bright white flash with a single extremely loud boom (far louder than "home" fireworks).

Soldato
About time these things are banned, they are completely unnecessary. The Scottish government have consulted on it and are planning on tightening things up but can’t see it happening. It’s stupid you can buy these things in Lidl.

And, the football fans now set them off during the day when their team wins?!

Soldato
What about balloons? Can we also put them in a unnecessary category?

Id certainly ban those mass balloon releases that people have as a ‘memorial’, or any other reason.
However, balloons generally aren’t launched towards people/emergency services. They don’t make huge noises, frightening and annoying people and animals. Balloons don’t start fires or scorch the earth either. But, I’d certainly ban the aforementioned mass releases due to the litter problem.

Back
Top Bottom