• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I saw "Added Shader Cache Size control to set the maximum amount of disk space to use for storing shader compiles."

But that doesn't really tell me much, does it improve performance? How does default compare to unlimited etc :D

there a bug about 10 drivers back that made it too small and it got filled up. Then older stuff got over written, it's a folder the driver uses. It won't make any difference if it's big enough, if it's too small the saved caches will be erased and they'll have to be calculated again. At least that's how I understand it

Man of Honour
From the big thread over at Guru3D these appear to be good drivers. No standard version, only DCH though and they are 830mb which is ridiculous for a driver. I am going to hold off for a bit as I uninstalled MS store way back when I installed windows and don't want to jump through several hoops to get the NV control panel back.

Associate
I did a clean install of the new drivers, unfortunately when I went to play games (Mafia Definitive Edition and Aliens Fireteam) my fps completely tanked. From getting over 160fps in Mafia and approx 100fps in Fireteam I now barely get 20fps in Mafia and pretty much the same in Aliens.

I've just uninstalled and went back to the previous drivers.

Soldato
From the big thread over at Guru3D these appear to be good drivers. No standard version, only DCH though and they are 830mb which is ridiculous for a driver. I am going to hold off for a bit as I uninstalled MS store way back when I installed windows and don't want to jump through several hoops to get the NV control panel back.

Why on earth did you do that?

Soldato
NVCleanstall might help you out. It grabs the DCH version of the control panel via PowerShell without the need for getting it from the store.

Man of Honour
After a bit of reading I downloaded and installed the cleaned DCH drivers and installed over the top of the last "standard" driver and I have the NV control panel without the windows store. These are great drivers and it's a bit early to be sure yet but the new cache size control seems to have "smoothed" out TS2021 which has always suffered from stuttering.

Soldato
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5233/

NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID
Updated 10/20/2021 06:11 PM
The DisplayID specification provides enhanced display capabilities. To ensure compatibility with monitors using DisplayID, an update to the NVIDIA GPU firmware may be required.

Without the update, systems that are connected to a DisplayPort monitor using DisplayID could experience blank screens on boot until the OS loads. This update should only be applied if blank screens are occurring on boot.

Click here to download the NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID.

The NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool will detect whether the firmware update is needed, and if needed, will give the user the option to update it.

If you are currently experiencing a blank screen, please try one of the following workarounds in order to run the tool:

-Boot using DVI or HDMI
-Boot using a different monitor
-Change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy
-Boot using an alternate graphics source (secondary or integrated graphics card)

Once you have the tool downloaded, please run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions. Ensure all apps are closed before running the tool and make sure no OS updates are pending in the background.

Applicable Products
GeForce RTX 30 Series:
GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5233/

Updated 10/20/2021 06:11 PM
The DisplayID specification provides enhanced display capabilities. To ensure compatibility with monitors using DisplayID, an update to the NVIDIA GPU firmware may be required.

Without the update, systems that are connected to a DisplayPort monitor using DisplayID could experience blank screens on boot until the OS loads. This update should only be applied if blank screens are occurring on boot.

Click here to download the NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID.

The NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool will detect whether the firmware update is needed, and if needed, will give the user the option to update it.

If you are currently experiencing a blank screen, please try one of the following workarounds in order to run the tool:

-Boot using DVI or HDMI
-Boot using a different monitor
-Change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy
-Boot using an alternate graphics source (secondary or integrated graphics card)

Once you have the tool downloaded, please run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions. Ensure all apps are closed before running the tool and make sure no OS updates are pending in the background.

Applicable Products
GeForce RTX 30 Series:
GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 496.49 WHQL driver

Game Ready for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 2x. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including Age of Empires IV, Battlefield 2042 Early Access, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Chivalry 2, Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Jurassic World Evolution 2, and Riders Republic.
Additionally, we’ve got support for 6 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, and 6 new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Setting profiles.

Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Doom 3: BFG Edition]: Visual corruption occurs in the game. [3405146]
- [Tom Clancy’s The Division 2]: Flickering and visual corruption may appear after extended gameplay. [3369607]
- [LG OLED C1 series]: The display may show random black screen flicker at 1080p. [3404999]

Windows 10/11 Issues
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: The game may randomly crash during gameplay. [3405911]
- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]
- [Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker. [3410593]
- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. [3405920]
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- YouTube: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/496.49/496.49-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf
Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-496-49-whql-driver-download.html

Back
Top Bottom