Back4Blood

Soldato
I just quit a game halfway though. This game is really pointless with a team full of randoms unless you luck into a good squad. Even on recruit difficulty with teammates that aren't talking I just found it really frustrating.

Had a team and 2 of them seemed determined to just speed off and constantly needed rescuing from special ridden or falling off of edges and seemed to either stupidly or deliberately set off every single flock of crows we went by. 1 was basically always on low health and even though I'd call out health stations they'd ignore them instead opting to need requiring to be saved every few minutes. We'd get to a safe room and rather than heal, they'd run out right away and get incapacitated.

I can tell with a group of friends or just people actually using mics, this would be a really fun game. I don't know how much I'll play it with matchmade groups though. Even L4D players seemed to have a grasp as to what the game was about.

Associate
It's a fun game which does not need to be taken seriously. Not worth the purchase price though but fine through xbox game pass on the monthly sub.
It's a good laugh with mates on Discord but 95% of randoms are absolutely useless and clueless.

Soldato
Game looks great, performance is Doom-level, but I just can't get over how the guns handle and overall gunplay. Can't put my finger on it but it feels awful, sorta similar to the issues I had with WWZ and some others. Been playing a lot of The Division 2 last few weeks and that's S+ tier, but this is a B- at best. Meh.

Makes for a good HDR showcase tho.

Soldato
Game looks great, performance is Doom-level, but I just can't get over how the guns handle and overall gunplay. Can't put my finger on it but it feels awful, sorta similar to the issues I had with WWZ and some others. Been playing a lot of The Division 2 last few weeks and that's S+ tier, but this is a B- at best. Meh.

I think that was always the case with l4d, gun play is never on par with your modern fps games

Soldato

I think Back4Blood has excellent gunplay. It's way better than WWZ(worst gunplay in recent years) and I would argue it's also better than the division 2. It has many flaws but gunplay is not one of them imo.

Soldato
I like it, having fun. Still limiting my arsenal to a couple of guns (RPK, Tec9), but yeah. I like it. It's lacking some of the L4D charms, some polish, but it's not bad. It's pretty hard though, which I don't mind.

Soldato
I played Left4Dead, which I assume this game is similar too and joined random teams and have no doubt was a pain to more experienced players as I learnt the ropes. Surely these games are not supposed to be taken seriously?
May well buy once it is cheaper.

Soldato
Personally i am having a blast playing this in my spare time. For me the gunplay is satisfying progression is fun and the overall game so far is a nice challenge. I enjoy the brutality of having to start again from the very beginning once you run out of continues. What a great system that stops the instant gratification that modern games have.

Not experienced bad match making however due to playing with friends only, so can't comment on that element of the experience.

Soldato
Damn, getting wiped on recruit, getting overwhelmed and little ammo. Some runs are easy, but some are down right punishing. The difficulty is all over the place. And it's often easier with bots than with players.

Main gripe is the constant waiting times. And that I had to play Solo to unlock act 2.

Faults so far :
- Lot of waiting around for other players (like in Beta, 3 mins is excessive).
- Loot is free-for-all. I would prefer dedicated loot to stop loot gremlins.
- You cannot drop gun mods. Bit annoying when you get a legendary on a disposable gun, and then you find your bae 10 mins later but cannot transfer the mods.
- You have to play the entire act in one go to unlock the next act. Instead, should unlock each individual level, and unlock next act once all levels have been unlocked.
- No AFK mode, it would be trivial to add that option like in L4D.

EDIT : Wow. And you have to beat Act1 on Veteran to unlock Act 2 on Veteran. :cry: The Grind is real.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn, getting wiped on recruit, getting overwhelmed and little ammo. Some runs are easy, but some are down right punishing. The difficulty is all over the place. And it's often easier with bots than with players.

Main gripe is the constant waiting times. And that I had to play Solo to unlock act 2.

EDIT : Wow. And you have to beat Act1 on Veteran to unlock Act 2 on Veteran. :cry: The Grind is real.

The bits I died on was when I didnt realise some parts your ment to just run through, the mine level was one I think we kept shooting zombies not knowing they dont stop spawning til you get to the top of the hill lol

Caporegime
I had a quick go over Xbox Cloud gaming with a bunch of randoms to get some achievements for MS Rewards. It wasn't that bad, really. But it does seem like it goes on forever! I only did about three levels in the first act and I was starting to get bored by then. I think I have a fondness for Left 4 Dead so this was always going to play second fiddle. Now I've got the points though, I won't be playing it again. Too many other titles to get stuck in to.

Soldato
been looking at this, is it any good and worth the money ?

Depends what kind of money, and how dedicated you are to the genre. It does require some commitment, it's quite grindy, it has faults, and it is pretty hard. Since I play exclusively that kind of games (Vermintide, WWZ, L4D, Deep Rock Galactic), If casual, £25-£30, and having some buddies to play with would be my cut-off for casuals.

Associate
- You have to play the entire act in one go to unlock the next act. .

Pretty sure you don't, as I have finished all acts and feel like I remember doing act 1 over a few days. There will be a 'continue run' option in the menu, but does seem to take forever to matchmake when you do this.

Soldato

Faults so far :
- Lot of waiting around for other players (like in Beta, 3 mins is excessive).
- Loot is free-for-all. I would prefer dedicated loot to stop loot gremlins.
- You cannot drop gun mods. Bit annoying when you get a legendary on a disposable gun, and then you find your bae 10 mins later but cannot transfer the mods.
- You have to play the entire act in one go to unlock the next act. Instead, should unlock each individual level, and unlock next act once all levels have been unlocked.
- No AFK mode, it would be trivial to add that option like in L4D.

You do not have to complete acts each mission has a starting point. When you create a run you can pick up from the last starting point you completed. That being said I believe veteran and nightmare have less starting points than recruit.

Pretty sure you don't, as I have finished all acts and feel like I remember doing act 1 over a few days. There will be a 'continue run' option in the menu, but does seem to take forever to matchmake when you do this.

Read about this on reddit, if you're just doing random matchmaking create a new run at the relevant starting point. Since doing that I've not had to wait more than 30 seconds. No idea what causes it on continue run.

Soldato
4 of us have almost completed Vet, We are on ACT 3. Gotta say that ACT 2 was sometimes near impossible especially fighting 2 x breakers in one part.

Once we're done with Vet next will be Nightmare to get all Unlocks, one thing i go for is bullet damage cards stacked so you get 150% damage, with Stamina and weakspot damage with multiplier which can max out for you and your team members at 15%.

Back
Top Bottom