Resident Evil 4' VR remake hits Oculus Quest 2 on October 21st

Permabanned
"Resident Evil 7" was on the Playstation VR year(s) ago. PC VR is still struggling with new content (quality up to date AAA games).

This RE4 is not really attractive to me, particularly when they price it expensively. It's a 2005 game :cry: player doesnt even have a body. Meh

Soldato
This RE4 is not really attractive to me, particularly when they price it expensively. It's a 2005 game :cry: player doesnt even have a body. Meh

It's not expensive considering how big the game is and how much work has gone into the conversion. It's not easy getting even 2005 console games to run at a decent frame-rate on the Quest 2, and special techniques have to be used to convert the graphics - it's not an automatic process.

But each to their own, I'm looking forward to being inside the game, instead of watching it. I fully expect it to be as awesome as it was playing Skyrim VR for the first time.

Soldato
Just got an Oculus30 discount code. Just in time for this game. It expires on the 23rd, so I will have time to check out the reviews and decide if I want to buy or not.

Permabanned
It's not expensive considering how big the game is and how much work has gone into the conversion. It's not easy getting even 2005 console games to run at a decent frame-rate on the Quest 2, and special techniques have to be used to convert the graphics - it's not an automatic process.

But each to their own, I'm looking forward to being inside the game, instead of watching it. I fully expect it to be as awesome as it was playing Skyrim VR for the first time.

Why not convert RE7 or even RE Village?

Yet they convert a very old 16 year old game. Let's hope they retextured it and it looks good.

Soldato

Yet they convert a very old 16 year old game. Let's hope they retextured it and it looks good.

Because those games are running on high-end consoles and PC, so would be much more difficult to convert. The Oculus Quest is basically a mobile phone with VR goggles attached.

A 2005 game is a much closer match for the hardware, but even then, it's amazing it works as well as it looks like it does.

Soldato

Why do you care? you aren't going to buy it anyway. And why are you so obsessed with the age of games? You seem to think that old = bad.

But to answer your question. Resident Evil 4 is probably the best Resident Evil game. So if you are going to take one and convert it into a VR game why not pick the best one?

As for graphics, it doesn't really matter which one they picked. Whether they picked the very first one or the latest one, they are going to be changing the graphics to the best quality for Quest 2 and still achieve playable framerates. Do you understand that? It's not the game which will decide the graphic level but the hardware on the Quest 2.

Soldato
I don’t think Sarge understands that it’s a standalone Quest 2 game, not a PC VR title.

As for RE7, that was a PlayStation VR title I believe, but after the exclusivity timer expired, Capcom (I think) never perused porting this to PC VR. Controversial I’m sure, but developers actually aren’t obliged to create VR modes for all their games :p

Permabanned
Why do you care? you aren't going to buy it anyway. And why are you so obsessed with the age of games? You seem to think that old = bad.

But to answer your question. Resident Evil 4 is probably the best Resident Evil game. So if you are going to take one and convert it into a VR game why not pick the best one?

As for graphics, it doesn't really matter which one they picked. Whether they picked the very first one or the latest one, they are going to be changing the graphics to the best quality for Quest 2 and still achieve playable framerates. Do you understand that? It's not the game which will decide the graphic level but the hardware on the Quest 2.

Thanks, I care because I do like VR, and want more current AAA immersive experiences like HL Alyx, MOH etc and feel PC VR is lacking with new ones. And re-hashes rather than new games is not as exciting.

Old is also good , but like I said I think current new AAA games in VR are lacking.

Good to hear you like RE4 best, I personally think Resident Evil 1 is the best RE game followed by RE7.

RE7 is on PS VR though so, would think they could do that.

But it's good to hear that they may update the Graphics to look good on the VR headsets :D that's definitely would be good.

Permabanned
I
I don’t think Sarge understands that it’s a standalone Quest 2 game, not a PC VR title.

As for RE7, that was a PlayStation VR title I believe, but after the exclusivity timer expired, Capcom (I think) never perused porting this to PC VR. Controversial I’m sure, but developers actually aren’t obliged to create VR modes for all their games :p

Good point, I didn't know that it was a standalone Quest 2 game.

Soldato
Whatchoo talkin bout willis?

No.

No? There can be arguments made for a few of the RE games to be called the best. Which is why I said "probably" in my post.

But you are acting like RE 4 doesn't even rate. It is one of the best RE games, and for most people it's in their top 3 RE games and for many people it's their number 1.

Soldato
1, 2 and 3 - these are the true Res Evil games for me.

4 is a great game, but moved us on from the zombies and the survival horror the previous 3 built up. IMO of course :)

Soldato
I really don’t understand the love for this release - it looks janky, many features don’t make the use of VR (press A to interact etc rather than opening a box yourself), and plenty of actions that pull you out of the VR perspective (cut scenes, round house kicks etc).

A lot of this stuff would be getting a terrible response from people if it were a run of the mill or even indie game - but apparently our love for an old PS2 game lets us forgive this. It just strikes me as a sub par VR shooter, albeit set in the Resi Evil universe.

Back
Top Bottom