• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should Intel offer cost down embedded desktops.

Soldato
With Intel’s motherboard release cadence essentially meaning desktop boards are upgraded with CPU’s I think offering embedded parts would make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Associate
They already have a line of SOC parts for their pro-sumer lineup, Xeon-D. They've never been very popular but have existed for some time, last refreshed in 2019. You could defiantly use them as a desktop. I was trying to get one for my home lab until I just gave up and used a 3700x instead.

When it comes to cost-down; I'd imagine as Alder lake is effectively the cores from a J5040 glued onto another chip, that they will likely refresh Gemini Lake with the new Alder Lake little cores.

I always though Gemini lake presented good value for money, and would like to see something similar on some new boards that don't suffer for the anemic IO/PCIE support as the typical Gemini Lake SOC's had (looking at you asrock!).

Last edited:
Soldato
With Intel’s motherboard release cadence essentially meaning desktop boards are upgraded with CPU’s I think offering embedded parts would make a lot of sense.

If they embedded they would be responsible for the cooling solution, frankly good luck with that with the current 11th gen and the forthcoming 12th gen.
Built in fridge..... or a fridge with a build in 'smart' processor from spintel.

Back
Top Bottom