Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Using the myEE app.. select replace SIM and then select download esim. Costs 50p , then it will display the QR code and once you have scanned it on the Pixel you will need to activate and send you a code over.

Using the app takes me out of the app to generate the QR and im getting the same problem. Ill call EE tomorrow

Soldato
Been at work all day so hardly used my phone but this is after 10.5 hours.

ZGVKh1K

Soldato
That isn't in stock on Amazon for the Pro anymore. Knew I should have ordered one when I had the chance. What a mug I am

Might be worth chucking an order in anyway if you do want one, as the date on Amazon seems to bounce around quite a bit. I ordered one for the standard model yesterday and it was showing the end of next week, but it changed and is being delivered tomorrow. You can always cancel if you find something else in the meantime

I made the same mistake, couldn't decide what case to get, waited until I got the phone and then there was no stock of all the decent ones. I briefly placed an order for an official one but that wasn't going to arrive until the end of next week, and think they are taking even longer now.

Soldato
Didn't know I could but worked it out now. Have never used Google assist ever. Feels more effort talking to a phone than just doing what you need yourself.

You are missing out then. The voice features are incredible, I was on the treadmill and sent around 15 long emails the other day, hardy touched the screen. The punctuation is also better than my dyslexic efforts

Associate
Using the app takes me out of the app to generate the QR and im getting the same problem. Ill call EE tomorrow
Have you tried generating the QR code via a browser , but dont actually complete and then load the app on your old phone and there should be an option to download the eSIM ? If there is then you can use your Pixel to scan it in.

Associate
I managed to get it working. The trick is to use the app generated QR instead of using a browser. Took me ages to figure it out.

I got a phone call from the EE tech support earlier today. They're posting me out a QR code which I have to scan and then go through the SIM swap process. Hopefully I'll have it up and running soon. One of the issues I had was that the app generated QR code was not recognised - just kept giving errors.

Associate
I got a phone call from the EE tech support earlier today. They're posting me out a QR code which I have to scan and then go through the SIM swap process. Hopefully I'll have it up and running soon. One of the issues I had was that the app generated QR code was not recognised - just kept giving errors.

It might be worth having a look at this thread from EE

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards/eSIM-QR-Code-not-working/td-p/1093647/page/2

One of the suggestions is to use Google Lense to get the URL or the QR and then remove the $$ on the end when you are trying to add the QR code on your Pixel manually by pressing 'Need help" That might work.

Associate
Funny you should say that as my initial feeling on holding the phone was that it's unibody reminded me of the Note 9 ( the rear camera bump aside obviously). Loved the Note 9, mind you I'm a tart when it comes to phones.
Tbh, as of yet the Note 9 is my favourite phone to date. I'm kinda hoping the Pixel will replace it and the Pixel is my first non-Samsung phone since the S3

Soldato
You are missing out then. The voice features are incredible, I was on the treadmill and sent around 15 long emails the other day, hardy touched the screen. The punctuation is also better than my dyslexic efforts

Im absolutely not missing out for my use. I personally don't feel the need to send emails when I'm away from work exercising but I appreciate the benefits are there for some.
My old boss is dyslexic and it was always helpful for him to ask Siri how to spell something.

My case is being delivered tomorrow despite saying Nov 10th when I ordered from Amazon yesterday. Also ordered the official charger, too slow with my old one.

Associate
How are people finding the fingerprint reading speed?

Reviews I've watched/read all commented on the speed being pretty slow, so wondering if the real life experience is the same.
I have come from an S10 and if anything I feel it might work slightly better than the S10.

Edit - Currently no screen protector installed on the pixel while I did have one on the S10. Screen protector should be turning up tomorrow so will see how it works after that.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm not loving the fingerprint scanner at all. I have dry hands at the best if times and I'm sure that's the problem rather than the sensor itself, but I have to keep redoing my prints. Had the same issues with my 2XL and it's why I love the 4XL with its face unlock (and I miss the motion sense too). :(

What to do.....

Associate
It might be worth having a look at this thread from EE

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards/eSIM-QR-Code-not-working/td-p/1093647/page/2

One of the suggestions is to use Google Lense to get the URL or the QR and then remove the $$ on the end when you are trying to add the QR code on your Pixel manually by pressing 'Need help" That might work.
Thanks for that. That thread is spot on with the issues I have. I'll wait for the paper QR code to arrive now - just in case that has superseded the other QR code.

Back
Top Bottom