Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Going by Reddit:

Step 1: re-add finger print and keep an eye on the screen, the scanner location moves around, also scan the sides as it tells you, basically scan to the instructions. Add 2 scans of the same finger.
Step 2 : disable animations, settings - accessibility - text and display - remove animations

I don't know if the animation part is a Placebo but it feels snappier when unlocking.. of course you miss all those lovely android 12 animations but there's a chance that something funky is going on with FPS + PIXEL 6 + ANIMATIONS.

Well, don't want to speak too soon but since I've re added fingers, again, and turned off the animations it so far seems a lot better. Time will tell though, if it is a bug in the he animations I'll be amazed.

Let's hope I've not spoken too soon

Associate
Has anyone got
"NEWZEROL 3 Packs for Google Pixel 6 Pro, Screen Protector High-Definition Soft TPU (NOT Glass) 3D Edge to Edge Full Coverage Soft Protective Film for Pixel 6 Pro - Transparent" from the rainforest for their Pro.
They appear to install the same as the LK ones so wondering if they are the same! I've got the LK ones ordered but they won't be here til December 12th, these are showing mid November at the moment.

I've got the LK and the TOCOL ones which are identical. Wouldn't surprise me if the ones you mention are the same. The LK ones are really good. No issues with the FPS.

Associate
Was just about to ask when people are going to start claiming the headphones. Noticed a few have now (i make it 14 days tomorrow). Will claim now and see what happens. I intend to keep my headphones will come in handy if i manage to have the holidaythats been postponed for the the last 2 years in April.

Associate
Not approved here either and I submitted the claim at around 11am this morning. Who knows, hopefully there will be some movement tomorrow.

I ordered on 19 October and there's no email in spam before someone asks.

Soldato
I'm wondering if my claim will get approved...

I ordered my Pixel 6 from 3 on 26th October. But my receipt for the phone says 28th October. I have a separate receipt for the replacement sim card that says the 26th but I doubt they'll accept it

Associate
Both claims for the headphones insta approved for mine and the good ladies phone. :) Same order number, same address. I used her google account to claim her set though.
I use thunderbird and the mail was ok to a .uk address, it was flagged as spam but the email went to spam folder in the misses gmail account, crazy.

Associate
Interesting thread, I've been reading for a while and got my pixel 6 pro a few days ago. a couple of things i wanted to say from a few days of use

The good
1) Finger print sensor gets a lot of heat on here - i haven't had any issues, i change phones pretty frequently and although its a hair slower than the s21 i had previously, it seems to work 100% of the time, no issues at all
2) Battery life is the best I've had on an android, cant kill it in a day, not even close -I'm only a moderate user mind you but i have no battery issues - i found the one you tube review where the guy says he got only a few hours SOT - i had close to 9 on my first charge.
3) - Screen is amazing, i usually hate curve screens but this feels good, helps with gestures etc and just looks very pretty

Less Good
1) I've had to check a few times I'm using 120hz mode as scrolling feels jerky in a number of apps (Google feed, twitter, chrome etc) - i ran it against my s21 which is super smooth in all of those, the pixel just feels like its running in 60hz mode, its really odd - anyone had the same?
2) Size - the pro is big, it feels pretty wide and heavy, I've used big phones before (s20 ultra, iphone 12 pro max etc) but this feels bigger - i think the standard 6 is the best bet for most

one random question, i don't use screen protectors or cases and usually don't worry that much, however i am pretty worried about the camera bump on the back, it doesn't appear raised much/at all around the edge and worried it may scratch up - i dont want a case i hate more bulk on this pretty big phone, but dont want to scratch the camera glass - how likely is that with day to day use?

Soldato
Free them from plastic pain

You have a fixation with plastic screen protectors, but I've only seen people mention glass ones on here. Are you okay with glass ones? Either way, why keep going on about plastic when I don't think anyone has mentioned them?

(For the record, I generally don't use a screen protector, but when I have it's a glass one and they feel no different to the actual screen. As has been mentioned, it's usually just that millimetre or so of gap to the edge that I don't like)

Soldato
After having zero issues with the fingerprint sensor all of a sudden it's taking two or three attempts to login. Only setting I can think of changing is turning adaptive brightness back on. I've reverted back to full brightness and the sensor seems to back to good.

Maybe someone else having issues can try this out to see if there's an improvement or if I'm imagining things.

Associate
Guys, my friend just picked up a Pixel 6, really nice phone but he can’t get the NatWest app to load, anyone having the same problem ?
Yes I had same issue yesterday, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked again. I think it was because I still had it running on my P5, and then wiped it before selling at the weekend. Somehow that triggered some security alert, same with my Virgin money app

Soldato
After having zero issues with the fingerprint sensor all of a sudden it's taking two or three attempts to login. Only setting I can think of changing is turning adaptive brightness back on. I've reverted back to full brightness and the sensor seems to back to good.

Maybe someone else having issues can try this out to see if there's an improvement or if I'm imagining things.
Scratch that, issues still intermittent.

Back
Top Bottom