*** Exciting changes are coming to Overclockers UK! ***

Associate
Love the new site, very good response times and looks fresh and modern.

I think more options for filtering products would be good as an example, with headsets there are only 2 options (brand and Sale/offer) when it would be more helpful to filter by features, such as wireless, ear cup type etc.

Associate
Filters is my biggest wish so good to hear they're coming in greater quantity.

I hope it's not a thing I have to worry about in the long term, but is there going to be a filter for 'in stock' only? At least some of the range of WC parts, especially fittings, almost always seem to be on back order so filtering out the unavailable ones would be a nice touch.

Soldato
It's a nice look, but as others as said it's very white. Browsing the Motherboards for example there is a lot of white space. I'm not sure what could put here instead, unless it's placeholder?

Man of Honour
For me it's far too bright. Filter options are lacking but that's being worked on. Everytime I visit the site I have to keep re-saving my cookie settings and I hate sites that do that, eventually I get fed up and don't visit them anymore. The old site didn't do this.

Soldato
I just changed mine and it came through instantly to my main email folder, check the spam folder perhaps?
Turns out when I signed up for the shop I could not use gmail.com but had to use googlemail.com, so that's why it didn't work the first time. Just checked that now, as your post made me come to think about it since my spam folder is empty. :p

Associate
Did my first order on the new website. Was pretty easy, had to fill in my billing/delivery address but everything worked fine and my forum account automatically linked to get the free shipping.

OcUK Staff
OP
Please can there be a dark theme option for the main site?

+1 on the dark theme option for the site

We hear you, this is noted down. Priority right now is to get everything up and running, but we will look at this as a future upgrade. :)

Did my first order on the new website. Was pretty easy, had to fill in my billing/delivery address but everything worked fine and my forum account automatically linked to get the free shipping.

We're really glad to hear this! :)

Soldato
@fiveub

I don't know how most of your customers view you webstore but on my Dell 7280 laptop with a 13" screen at 768p the list view doesn't look that great as it makes it hard to compare products:
list-view.jpg
"]

Any chance of bringing back the small list view similar to what they have in Windows Explorer?

Small-list.jpg

OcUK Staff
OP
@fiveub

I don't know how most of your customers view you webstore but on my Dell 7280 laptop with a 13" screen at 768p the list view doesn't look that great as it makes it hard to compare products:
list-view.jpg
"]

Any chance of bringing back the small list view similar to what they have in Windows Explorer?

Small-list.jpg

I've passed on the feedback, thank you Freddie.

Man of Honour
@fiveub

On Android mobile (Chrome) when I click into the store from the link at the top of the forum (big OCUK logo) it seems to be random which store front I get, sometimes it's the new layout but mostly the old.

I've cleaned out all cookies and history etc a couple of times but it's still doing it?

Regards,

Monkey :)

Soldato
Ordered quite a few orders now using the new website and tbh it's a lot better than the old site checkout wise. Seems to be a lot smoother and easier to use. I like how paying through paypal now allows you confirm your order prior to logging into paypal first. Where as on the old site, after confirming payment on paypal is the end of the checkout process.

New store defo needs more black and a lot less white space, the dead white space makes everything look out of place like it doesn't belong.

I see deleting an item from the dropdown basket doesn't take you to the basket page anymore which is good, glad that got implemented.

Associate
the filters are still lacking compared to competitors. Looking at some motherboards but can't filter by the type. I'm only interested in e.g. mini-itx and there's no way to view just those

Back
Top Bottom