• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
These logical points are all well and good, but we both know will be glossed over by certain folks :p

I take power draw very seriously as part my main job is designing super efficient 1U systems, of of the examples is they do video processing for the likes of the BBC, and SKY etc. and need to be almost silent. 25% extra speed, for 30-40% more power simply is a no go, hence most of the systems use low power 'T' series parts, Intel have remained silent on what they are going to offer with ADL for this market (which is a big market). Also I already corrected the terrible math of 20w, that was not logic.

Ooof, ***** gettin serious 'bout now ! I hope you are living off the grid and have a carbon footprint of zero if your going to fly that flag.

I do my best, last part of my plan is happening next year with ASHP, but that is off-topic. I hope to generate more electricity that I use by 2023 and be a net contributor.

Soldato
They're saying 6 cores isn't enough anymore and also saying it's too expensive when it is infact cheaper than the 5600x and smashes it in performance, I think they talking crap tbh.

It's not cheaper though, when you add up the motherboard price, ddr5 and a new cooler. It's very expensive this time for the platform.

Associate
It's not cheaper though, when you add up the motherboard price, ddr5 and a new cooler. It's very expensive this time for the platform.

You don't need DDR5 and depends on the cooler you have. Motherboard is an extra £50 ish.. budget boards have not been released yet. For a full system build that's nothing, and for a single component.. AMD added £50 to their entire lineup with Zen3.

Man of Honour
Yep, a staff member even said 99.9% sure it would ship today a couple of days back but nada just listed as processing on the site :(

Oh is your CPU part of a order that includes mobo too? I was told unless I split up the order (they did it over the phone without changing anything else) then the whole order would ship once everything in it was in stock. So I split out the mobo only and that meant everything else shipped out today and mobo will arrive when it's in stock.

Soldato
Wait till you see Zen 4 prices then if they deliver on the hype, will probably make Alderlake look like a bargain basement also I doubt we'll have B650 anytime near release considering it took AMD a year to release B550 after X570.

Soldato
Will probably be competing with Zen 3 refresh.
No, it's not. Raptor Lake will be competing with Zen 4. Zen 3 refresh is the BEGINNING of 2022, Raptor Lake is the END of 2022.

How many times do you have to be told? Why do you continue to peddle this gross misinformation? Are you really that much of a shill, or are you being paid?

Associate
Oh is your CPU part of a order that includes mobo too? I was told unless I split up the order (they did it over the phone without changing anything else) then the whole order would ship once everything in it was in stock. So I split out the mobo only and that meant everything else shipped out today and mobo will arrive when it's in stock.
Yep all as one ordered the strix z690-f no hardware playtime this weekend for me poor x99 will have to hold on.

Soldato
Wait till you see Zen 4 prices then if they deliver on the hype, will probably make Alderlake look like a bargain basement also I doubt we'll have B660 considering it took AMD a year to release B550 after X570.

Ohh I'm sure that's not going to be cheap either with DDR5 and PCIE 5 and I'm guessing full PCIE 5 boards will be silly prices, these Z690 are not full PCIE 5 boards, 2 slots max or one slot for gpu and one for NVME PCIE 5. Meeeh I want a full PCIE 5 specced motherboard for the silly prices not a half done job and then worse some even come with PCIE 3 on z690.. It's half baked this platform.

But my fav cpu out of this range is the 12700k, intel did good in some ways but also still silly heat and power issues and the platform price is silly. If I was buying now it would still be ryzen 5000 series for high end and for a HTPC/gaming pc the 5800x or the 12700k.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Consensus is if you got money to burn and want the best Intel have, then get the i9. Sensible people will bag the 12700K for little performance loss.

Ironic how in a certain way it reminds me of the Sandybridge model numbers as well as the partial success.

Associate
Excessive power usage does not take place in a vacuum. On one front, it's like having a noisy upstairs neighbor, you can't walk it back. We already know that very power hungry gpus are on their way. Pick your battles. Intel is not a smart pick.

Back
Top Bottom