Google Pixel 5

Associate
It's a start from Google. I'll take it.
Actually ignore me! There are 2 ways to a screen shot.

Power button + volume down = you get the capture more option

Using swipe up to recents and taping screenshot has no such option! Weird implementation.

Another thing is that the option is not available everywhere.. say chrome = no option, Facebook = capture more available.

There is a way to get it working in chrome too - you have to enable it via flags, then use "share" and extended SS is there.

Step 1: Open Google Chrome on your Android device and in the address bar, just type chrome://flags.

Step 2:
You will see a search bar on the page after the Chrome Flags open. Type 'Long Screenshot' in the search bar.

Step 3: An option stating 'Chrome Share Long Screenshots' will appear on your screen. In the drop-down menu, touch on 'Default'.

Step 4: Select 'Enabled' and once it is done, you will see a snack bar message at the bottom of your screen.

Step 5: You will be asked to 'Relaunch' Chrome. Just tap on it and let the changes take place.

Step 6: Open a webpage and tap on the top right three-dot menu button to make sure that it has opened.

Step 7: Select 'Share' option from the menu and a pop-up will open. You will see 'Long Screenshot' option on the bottom of your pop-up. Just touch that option and a crop-like screen will appear.

Step 8: If you want to scroll up and down, use the top and bottom arrows. Tap on 'Next' at the top-right after you have selected the desired portion of the web page that you want to capture. If you want, you can also choose to edit the screengrab.

Step 9: Three options will appear in front of you: 'Share the screenshot,' or 'Save to the device only', or 'Delete' it.

Step 10: Choose accordingly and if you select 'Save to the device only' option, then it will be saved in the default download folder.

I presume this will all be integrated to the power SS appraoch, but is a workaround for now.

Soldato
There is a way to get it working in chrome too - you have to enable it via flags, then use "share" and extended SS is there.

Step 1: Open Google Chrome on your Android device and in the address bar, just type chrome://flags.

Step 2:
You will see a search bar on the page after the Chrome Flags open. Type 'Long Screenshot' in the search bar.

Step 3: An option stating 'Chrome Share Long Screenshots' will appear on your screen. In the drop-down menu, touch on 'Default'.

Step 4: Select 'Enabled' and once it is done, you will see a snack bar message at the bottom of your screen.

Step 5: You will be asked to 'Relaunch' Chrome. Just tap on it and let the changes take place.

Step 6: Open a webpage and tap on the top right three-dot menu button to make sure that it has opened.

Step 7: Select 'Share' option from the menu and a pop-up will open. You will see 'Long Screenshot' option on the bottom of your pop-up. Just touch that option and a crop-like screen will appear.

Step 8: If you want to scroll up and down, use the top and bottom arrows. Tap on 'Next' at the top-right after you have selected the desired portion of the web page that you want to capture. If you want, you can also choose to edit the screengrab.

Step 9: Three options will appear in front of you: 'Share the screenshot,' or 'Save to the device only', or 'Delete' it.

Step 10: Choose accordingly and if you select 'Save to the device only' option, then it will be saved in the default download folder.

I presume this will all be integrated to the power SS appraoch, but is a workaround for now.

Cheers.

Extended screenshots work just fine in Chrome beta vs normal chrome btw.

Ico

Ico

Associate
Hi all
just bought P5 and digging in slowly. All seems fine i just cant figure it out why i cant cast phone content to LG oled. Youtube is mirrored straight away but BBC iplayer or Prime videos dont show mirroring option. Any help would be appreciated

Soldato
Anyone else get a 6 and find it a bit big ?

I have and I do, but I only really think about it if and when I pick the 5 back up. Otherwise I guess I'm already back used to the larger device...

All seems fine i just cant figure it out why i cant cast phone content to LG oled. Youtube is mirrored straight away but BBC iplayer or Prime videos dont show mirroring option.

Mirroring and casting are two different things? Do you mean mirroring?

Ico

Ico

Associate
I have and I do, but I only really think about it if and when I pick the 5 back up. Otherwise I guess I'm already back used to the larger device...

Mirroring and casting are two different things? Do you mean mirroring?
Hi when i click on youtube icon it says Cast to . It connects to LG oled straightaway no problem. When i want to cast from BBC iplayer app this cast to... icon isnt there. Screen cast wont turn on and says it cant find any near by devices

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, I just wanted to confirm it was casting and not mirroring :) I haven't seen this before. There are sometimes I have to wait 10 to 15 seconds for a device to show up on the list of available devices, but I definitely have cast from iPlayer recently.

Ico

Ico

Associate
Thanks, I just wanted to confirm it was casting and not mirroring :) I haven't seen this before. There are sometimes I have to wait 10 to 15 seconds for a device to show up on the list of available devices, but I definitely have cast from iPlayer recently.
phone has android 12 and yours ? yes its strange. Youtube app connects straightaway and then phone Screen Cast cant find devices

Back
Top Bottom