• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
forza 5 has almost 1 million players and its not even been officially launched yet that doesn't happen until tuesday so i think its widely seen as being a success

GOTY perhaps ?

I'm enjoying it i'm a casual player but i bought the premium pack to play early and the expansion packs whenever they launch probably next year.

Soldato
You need to pay to play even though you've already paid in your subscription or wait until the 9th for a more basic game

Yes I'm salty, more of this early access more basic game for subscribers stuff coming I reckon

39.99 as well, unless you live in Iceland and then it's £24 just because

It does suck, but to be fair the early access thing is nothing new. Even back in 2016 with Forza Horizon 3, early access for Ultimate edition only was a thing. The physical ultimate edition copy was out on the Friday and the standard editions out on the following Tuesday. They did exactly the same with Horizon 4 Ultimate edition too. Nobody seemed to care too much about it in the FH3/FH4 days.

The Iceland thing is just weird though, there's no excusing that one.

Soldato
Anyone playing FH5 feel free to add my gamertag "rp2000". I have a feeling I will be playing this for a long time on gamepass and it will be cool to compare records with others. I played FH4 on gamepass pretty much solo and don't actually have any friends on my Xbox live account :p

From the 1 hour I've played it feels great on performance mode on Series S. Loads even faster than FH4 used to. Although seems to be plagued by the same constant network disconnects as well :(.

I know there's a Ocuk club from the PC thread. Not sure how crossplay FH5 is but if someone could invite me to the relevant ocuk club that would be great.

rp2000

I will add you later, my GT is: RomoRocket

Great game, but there is a few issues that need sorting, I had 1 crash to dash yesterday and have seen a few reports of this happening and also the constant online disconnections, they need to sort out the servers.

Soldato
You need to pay to play even though you've already paid in your subscription or wait until the 9th for a more basic game

Yes I'm salty, more of this early access more basic game for subscribers stuff coming I reckon

39.99 as well, unless you live in Iceland and then it's £24 just because

If you want early access and some extra stuff and future expansions you stump up and pay it.

The Game pass version is not basic, its the standard edition of the game, you want a better edition you pay extra, simple. You make it sound like this is something new. The only new thing is the add-on pack for gamepass subs, I personally think its good idea, especially if you plan to be a long term GP subscriber.

Associate
If you want early access and some extra stuff and future expansions you stump up and pay it.

The Game pass version is not basic, its the standard edition of the game, you want a better edition you pay extra, simple. You make it sound like this is something new. The only new thing is the add-on pack for gamepass subs, I personally think its good idea, especially if you plan to be a long term GP subscriber.
i agree the base game should be free and is with GP but the expansions vip car etc then its fair for MS to charge for that

i don't mind paying for extra content for the games that i want to play

Soldato

You must be part of the era that accepts this stuff, me personally I've been gaming since the 80's when you paid for a game and got the game so I suppose it's what you're used to.

I just stick to the base game and will continue to do just that apart from DLC expansions that have been heavily discounted which I think I've bought once maybe twice in all that time

I also fully expect it to get worse where subscribers will eventually get more basic versions of games so as to rinse them for more money for access to different versions of the games with more content in the future

Man of Honour
forza 5 has almost 1 million players and its not even been officially launched yet that doesn't happen until tuesday so i think its widely seen as being a success

GOTY perhaps ?

I'm enjoying it i'm a casual player but i bought the premium pack to play early and the expansion packs whenever they launch probably next year.

It’s very rare for a racing game to win GOTY no matter how highly it scored. Normally the GOTY baiting action adventure genre, i.e pretty much all PlayStation exclusives, with a wider target audience get the nominations.

i agree the base game should be free and is with GP but the expansions vip car etc then its fair for MS to charge for that

i don't mind paying for extra content for the games that i want to play

Expansion packs for first party games should be included in Game Pass Ultimate.

Associate
It’s very rare for a racing game to win GOTY no matter how highly it scored. Normally the GOTY baiting action adventure genre, i.e pretty much all PlayStation exclusives, with a wider target audience get the nominations.

Expansion packs for first party games should be included in Game Pass Ultimate.
i don't agree with the expansion packs being free you get the base game anything over that should be payable obviously over time things like DLC should be added to GP

MS is a business and here to make profit at the moment GP is still evolving so who knows what it will be like in afew years.

Man of Honour
i don't agree with the expansion packs being free you get the base game anything over that should be payable obviously over time things like DLC should be added to GP

MS is a business and here to make profit at the moment GP is still evolving so who knows what it will be like in afew years.

It’s not free, Ultimate is a higher tier of service with a higher price.

You need to stop misusing the word “free”.

Associate
It’s not free, Ultimate is a higher tier of service with a higher price.

You need to stop misusing the word “free”.
Ultimate is called that because you can play PC XBOX Cloud gaming for the one subscription

Ultimate has never meant you get all of the DLC for first party games or games on GP it may end up being like that but GP is still a new service and MS are clearly trying different options for different launches

Man of Honour
Ultimate is called that because you can play PC XBOX Cloud gaming for the one subscription

Ultimate has never meant you get all of the DLC for first party games or games on GP it may end up being like that but GP is still a new service and MS are clearly trying different options for different launches

You might want to tell Microsoft that they have put incorrect text on their Game Pas Ultimate description then as it says:

“Exclusive free Perks including in-game content and partner offers”

You might also want to tell them that they have accidentally included first party DLC in titles such as Halo and Gears of War which has set unrealistic expectations and mixed messages.

only certain categories should be included in GOTY ?? hopefully thats an outdated idea now or should be

I think you’re being intentionally ignorant now so I’m not going to respond any further to your posts.

Please re-read the post that you quoted and try to comprehend that nowhere in my post did I say that “only certain categories should be included in GOTY”. It’s the way things are, not the way I think they should be :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
You must be part of the era that accepts this stuff, me personally I've been gaming since the 80's when you paid for a game and got the game so I suppose it's what you're used to.

I just stick to the base game and will continue to do just that apart from DLC expansions that have been heavily discounted which I think I've bought once maybe twice in all that time

I also fully expect it to get worse where subscribers will eventually get more basic versions of games so as to rinse them for more money for access to different versions of the games with more content in the future

No I've been gaming for ages as well, and in general I don't agree with a lot of the practises now, I also generally only get the standard edition of games and most of the time I wait for sales now as well. I don't see an issue with a premium/ultimate edition of a game though that includes expansions, early access and other stuff. It's not like the standard edition is inferior in any way.
If they started pulling things from the base game, and only included them in a premium version, thats a different story.

Associate
You might want to tell Microsoft that they have put incorrect text on their Game Pas Ultimate description then as it says:

“Exclusive free Perks including in-game content and partner offers”

You might also want to tell them that they have accidentally included first party DLC in titles such as Halo and Gars of War which has set unrealistic expectations and mixed messages.

I think you’re being intentionally ignorant now so I’m not going to respond any further to your posts.

Please re-read the post that you quoted and try to comprehend that nowhere in my post did I say that “only certain categories should be included in GOTY”.
you need to chill i wasn't directing that at you i've seen numerous people say that racing games won't win GOTY because only certain types of games do your post echoed that even if it wasn't intentional
if you took that as a great offence then i'm sorry you took it that way.

Man of Honour
you need to chill i wasn't directing that at you i've seen numerous people say that racing games won't win GOTY because only certain types of games do your post echoed that even if it wasn't intentional
if you took that as a great offence then i'm sorry you took it that way.

I’m calm, it’s just not worth trying to debate with someone who doesn’t read the posts that they are replying to. If you’re not directing something at me then maybe consider not quoting my post.

Caporegime
I could see myself paying the full 12.99 a month or whatever for GPU if all the 1st party games were the premium version. At the moment though so many people get GPU for special prices that I can't see them doing it. So for now I find some gamepass games really heavily advertise the addons and upsells. Was definitely the case with FH4, splash screens all over the place advertising paid upgrades/addons/expansions. FH5 is my 1st paid content on Series S apart from the GPU subscription, so I was a bit reluctant, but after seeing the hours I put into FH4 (albeit during the pandemic) I coughed up this time. To be fair there was a discount price for GPU subscribers as well and it's been a while since a big 1st party AAA title came to GPU as well. Last big one for me was MSFS, next one is probably Halo.

Edit: I got added to the Ocuk Club for Forza Horizon, which has about 15 members on it (probably from the PC thread). Feel free to join the club or add me directly, so I have people to compare times to!

rp2000

Associate
I’m calm, it’s just not worth trying to debate with someone who doesn’t read the posts that they are replying to. If you’re not directing something at me then maybe consider not quoting my post.
yes probably best to move on thought you had already from your prior post lol

I'm off to play Forza

Soldato
I wouldn't expect all DLC in Forza form Game Pass to be honest. Its such a good deal already so can't complain. I expect MS will slowly jack the price of GP and then then gradually remove how much access you get to a game to get you paying for extras.

Base game will do me for now, I don't get much time to play anyway.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I must admit, I also thought you would get the "best" version of MS 1st party games on gamepass. I didn't expect it with 3rd party games though, as they are just temporary publisher/developer deals. However MS 1st party games are on their forever (to an extent)

Associate
I must admit, I also thought you would get the "best" version of MS 1st party games on gamepass. I didn't expect it with 3rd party games though, as they are just temporary publisher/developer deals. However MS 1st party games are on their forever (to an extent)
i think MS are trying different things for different games from memory i think they gave everything away for the last Gears game i also seem to recall a leak about an ultimate option for the halo launch next month GP is still a relatively new service
and nothing is set in stone when it comes to what/when you get for each game launch.

Back
Top Bottom