Amazon Prime !!!!

Soldato
Had my first failure in a few years.

We probably have 2-3 items a week arrive from Amazon.

I ordered an elite 2 controller, and selected same day. Which Ive only done once before.

Got the 8 stops away. Got to, you're next. Was looking out of the window and saw the car park up. Mini map on tracker had car out side my house.

No one got out, and they hung around and then drove off.

This was yesterday. Still no sign. Shame. I guess it's someone's Christmas present now.

That's irritating but jokes aside I can't imagine there was anything nefarious there. Imagine how many things they deliver that are probably better than a controller! And they're all boxed.. I'd say incompetence or mistakes not theft?

Associate
I have to say i totally think the amazon prime is worth every penny, (shopping and amazon music hd side of things) anyhow. but prime tv i find is hit and miss, Some of the prime video stuff is rental only(this i do not agree with)

Caporegime
We're entering an era where mega-corporations have unprecedented power. Almost unlimited power.

I'm sure it'll end well. Bezos is a good guy. Amazon just wants us all to be happy.

If I have to choose between corporations having power or the government/monarchy having unlimited power, I'd side with the corporations every time, at least you know that their motives aren't entirely malevolent.

DXP55 needs to go to Specsavers, the only time I have ever "accidentally" signed up to something was when I was intoxicated.

Caporegime
If I have to choose between corporations having power or the government/monarchy having unlimited power, I'd side with the corporations every time, at least you know that their motives aren't entirely malevolent.

DXP55 needs to go to Specsavers, the only time I have ever "accidentally" signed up to something was when I was intoxicated.

Yeah I'm gonna go with the people not owning landmines, chemical and biological weapons as better than the government's who insist they are needed to retaliate against other governments.

Still unlimited power is lol worthy amazon et al are 1 injunction away from shuttingdown at any time.

You really think amazon employees are gonna be in worth if a court says they have to shut down?

Storming the riot police to deliver parcels :D:cry:

Soldato
if you watch it, Amazon add is showing lot's of children supporting their climate improvement measures ... of multiple parcels a week;
not sure they/children signed up for that misrepresentation of their sentiments.

Soldato
Saw the Amazon climate pledge video last night , The Climate Pledge: Challenge Accepted Launch :60
despite any electrical delivery fleet aspirations they have - it remains profligate having amazon prime with multiple deliveries at an address per week,
not to mention the exploitation of children in the add.

Whilst you could argue it's profligate or at the least unnecessary it doesn't automatically follow that multiple deliveries per week are bad.

There is absolutely a case for scale being the thing that stops that being a problem like with post deliveries for example. If you're doing rounds it actually makes more sense to do little and often.

That's all predicated on there being a low/zero carbon method.. otherwise having a cat balaclava delivered next day really does become wastefully profligate.

If they're coming down your street every day anyway the only issue is whether you needed the cat balaclava in the first place, not how it gets to you.

Caporegime
Ordered some things from Amazon on Thursday using Prime, which were supposed to be here Friday.

For some reason they used royal mails 24 hour guaranteed service.

They never arrived, so at 7 p.m on the Friday I reported it to royal mail who said they had 3 working days to investigate.

I then called Amazon yesterday (Tuesday), explained the situation and they refunded me the cheaper items and re-sent a 2TB M.2 SSD drive free of charge. (I can mention this as OCUK do not appear to sell the 2TB version)

I got a text this morning from Royal Mail to say that the original package will be turning up today!

Am I allowed to keep it all? I do recall they said if it turns up to keep the cheaper items free but not sure what they said about the SSD, which is worth over £350

Man of Honour
Ordered some things from Amazon on Thursday using Prime, which were supposed to be here Friday.

They never arrived, so at 7 p.m on the Friday I reported it to royal mail who said they had 3 working days to investigate.

I then called Amazon yesterday (Tuesday), explained the situation and they refunded me the cheaper items and re-sent a 2TB M.2 SSD drive free of charge. (I can mention this as OCUK do not appear to sell the 2TB version)

I got a text this morning from Royal Mail to say that the original package will be turning up today!

Am I allowed to keep it all? I do recall they said if it turns up to keep the cheaper items free but not sure what they said about the SSD, which is worth over £350
Let them know that the missing parcel has arrived then it's up to them to let you know what to do with it, they almost certainly issue you a returns label to send it back.

Soldato

Similar happened to me tracking will show Amazon that it has been delivered to you just print off a return slip and then return via Royal Mail :p definitely get a receipt tho .

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm not sure when it was added as an option but you can select which delivery days you wish to group your deliveries in to. For instance, if you work Mon-Fri you could choose to bundle them all on a Saturday.

They allow multiple choices too, so you could choose to have 2 "drops" per week. Could be handy on the run up to christmas where you may potentially have a parcel scheduled for delivery every day :p

Soldato
I'm not sure when it was added as an option but you can select which delivery days you wish to group your deliveries in to. For instance, if you work Mon-Fri you could choose to bundle them all on a Saturday.

They allow multiple choices too, so you could choose to have 2 "drops" per week. Could be handy on the run up to christmas where you may potentially have a parcel scheduled for delivery every day :p
I ordered 5 things the other week, grouped them for a few days time. 1 wasnt available for 3 days, grouped all to arrive in 3 days together. 2 free days not waiting for stuff, great! Amazon ignored the grouping, sent 2 the next day, 3 items the day after, so all before chosen day :/

Back
Top Bottom