What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
We have finished Season one of "The Killing" the original 2007 version.
Twenty episodes of an incredibly well acted and written drama. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. Even tho we had previously watched, and very much liked, the American 2011 remake we have been tempted to go back and re-watch that for a more recent direct comparison. But I think that we will continue with both Season 2 and 3 of the original, albeit they are shorter seasons.

Twenty episodes of an incredibly well acted and written drama. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. Even tho we had previously watched, and very much liked, the American 2011 remake we have been tempted to go back and re-watch that for a more recent direct comparison. But I think that we will continue with both Season 2 and 3 of the original, albeit they are shorter seasons.
Definitely think you should finish watching the original season 2 and 3.

Soldato
Definitely think you should finish watching the original season 2 and 3.

Agree, that is what we will do - perhaps more so after the end of Season one as they cut into a preview of the next season. I just hope that they are both as intense and have the depth of the first, albeit "only" twelve episodes each. At the end of season one we were introduced to a character we recognised as a lead detective in "The Bridge" ......

Kim Bodnia - IMDb

Also later on...... Killing Eve

Last edited:
Agree, that is what we will do - perhaps more so after the end of Season one as they cut into a preview of the next season. I just hope that they are both as intense and have the depth of the first, albeit "only" twelve episodes each. At the end of season one we were introduced to a character we recognised as a lead detective in "The Bridge" ......

Kim Bodnia - IMDb

Also later on...... Killing Eve
I loved them all but I have to admit that I was slightly relieved the 2nd and 3rd season were not quite as long!

Soldato
I'm just half-watching the final episode of the last series of Fargo. I'm not sure why. I don't care what happens to whoever's left.

5/10 and not 1/10 because I've watched this far. Just don't ask me why, because I haven't a clue!

Soldato
I'm just half-watching the final episode of the last series of Fargo. I'm not sure why. I don't care what happens to whoever's left.

5/10 and not 1/10 because I've watched this far. Just don't ask me why, because I haven't a clue!

I couldn't get past about episode 4 or 5 of the 3rd season, was just awful.

Shame as the first season is a masterclass in how to make a perfect season of a TV show.

Soldato
I loved them all but I have to admit that I was slightly relieved the 2nd and 3rd season were not quite as long!

We have three episodes to go from season 2. Whilst we are enjoying it we do not feel the same connection as we did to the first series. Whilst politics had a role in the solving of what was a domestic murder case its premise was one we could understand and seemed to "resonate" in its intensity of what the parents were going through. Season two is very much different, for us not in a comparably good way.
This second season, thankfully not twenty episodes, is, for us both, too different from first to be of the same interest. Probably more relevant of the global political events of the time but with the first its premise seemed be just as relevant today as it was when first made in 2007.

At the point where they exhumed the soldiers body I mentioned to my wife how wrong it will probably go and I bet Sarah will lose her badge and gun again, my wife also joking that she will be thrown of the case. Well it seems they did the same, for different reasons, with this series as they did for the first.

We are enjoying it but glad it isn't as long and that the first series was as good as it turned out to be.

Soldato
We started watching The Act last night, 8 part TV mini series based on a true story https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8682948/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Dee Dee Blanchard is overprotective of her daughter, Gypsy, who is trying to escape the toxic relationship she has with her mother. Gypsy's quest for independence opens up a Pandora's box of secrets, which ultimately leads to murder.

Gets 8/10 on imdb and we were hooked right from the start, looks a very good show.

Soldato
I just watched a trailer on Netflix for something new called Cowboy Bebop, no idea WTAF it’s about but looks great :D

We've started Penny Dreadful, can't believe this one passed me by.

Completely forgot about this after watching the first two episodes years ago! Will try it again now that it’s on NowTV.

Last edited:
Soldato

I've only seen the US Killing, but one of the best Cop/Murder drams i've ever seen. Right up there with "The Bridge".

Soldato
I found this had a very strong start, then meandered a little to a bit of a limp ending in the first season, so much so we never watched the remaining seasons or the spin off.

Yeah, you didn't miss much. It was only Eva Green that kept me going until the end. The spinoff has been canned after 1 season, and it is by all counts terrible, having said that it does have Natalie Dormer in it, so...

:D

Caporegime

We both thought this was fantastic. So many twists and turns just when you think you know who the killer is.

S2 and S3 move at a faster pace with them being only 12 episodes long but to a degree are better for it. The first season must have gone through 4 or 5 dead cert suspects for who the killer was before settling on one.

Best things we have watched on TV this year.

Back
Top Bottom