Road rage

Soldato
Taking my daughter to school this morning and a car comes up fast behind me, inches from my bumper with woman driver gesturing to me to go faster. I was on a hill. I wasnt going to put my foot down.

She kept same distance right until i stopped to let daughter out for school.

She then came along side me gesturing to me, smiling, then opened her passenger door and slammed it into my drivers door deliberately before racing off!!!

Daughter was quite upset.

I have reported it to the police. No passengers in her car. Her car was an 04 plate. Not sure on make. Luckily i got the reg.

No real damage to my car.

Not sure what police will do. Nowt probably

Soldato
Unfortunately you get these types of unsavoury characters.

It'll just be a matter of time before they wrap themselves and their car around a tree.

Caporegime
There's horrible ********* everywhere I'm afraid.

The fact she saw you had a kid in the car and still decided to do this tells you everything really.

Were you at least doing the speed limit though?

Soldato
Taking my daughter to school this morning and a car comes up fast behind me, inches from my bumper with woman driver gesturing to me to go faster. I was on a hill. I wasnt going to put my foot down.

She kept same distance right until i stopped to let daughter out for school.

She then came along side me gesturing to me, smiling, then opened her passenger door and slammed it into my drivers door deliberately before racing off!!!

Daughter was quite upset.

I have reported it to the police. No passengers in her car. Her car was an 04 plate. Not sure on make. Luckily i got the reg.

No real damage to my car.

Not sure what police will do. Nowt probably

Had an idiot tailgate us down a dual carriageway a few months ago - I was doing 75 and passing the cars in the left lane, but plonker in a black Golf decided 75 wasn't good enough so sat so close to our rear bumper, that I could no longer see his headlights in the rear view mirror!

The stretch of road is a couple of miles, and as I was making progress over those in the left, and wouldn't be able to move over without having to slow down - I simply let him get on with it and maintained my speed; que him making all sorts of gestures behind - hands up in the air and whatnot.

Anyway, we get to the end and I am able to move over to the left, as I plan to go straight over the next roundabout into a 30 zone. Couldn't believe it - plonker only decides to floor it in the 30, and drive into oncoming traffic, to get in front of us; he then slammed his brakes on and I had to brake sharply and drive around him – I stopped at a set of red lights shortly after and got out to see what the hell he was playing at: he kept prattling on about how I had been in his way, I tried to explain how I was moving faster than the other traffic, and was [technically] doing the speed limit – but he was clearly a wally.

The Wife got out of the car and gave him a piece of her mind too – and pointed out we had a baby in the back, and to give the guy his due, he did seem to see a bit of sense at that point and drove off. The brake check was all caught on dashcam, so I contacted the local force and went through their process of submitting it as a report of dangerous driving.

The process was a bit of a waste of time if honest – I had to complete a web form that asked for everything, then after an admin person contacted us, they then sent out paperwork to complete – with the exact same questions! I emailed them back to advise that we had already completed the website that had these questions, and provided a further link to the dashcam footage – but I guess this email went in to the abyss as months passed before they chased us up again, asking to complete the paperwork! We left it in the end, and just suggested they write to the other driver with a polite reminder not to drive like a **** to which they did eventually.

Soldato
Drive faster next time, assuming you have a fast car (if not buy one) make use of that right foot and smoke the bitch.

Not only will you not have this happen, but it'll be badass and next time she will respect you.

Caporegime
Why, do they come with a built in forcefield? How would a dashcam have stopped this happening?

The local dash cam expert is back I see. It wouldn't have prevented it happening. But it would help in convicting the person.

I once undertook a guy who was in the fast lane pottering along. He took umbrage to me wanting to go faster than the 50 or so he was doing whilst probably on his phone and then raced up beside me and tried to swing his car into mine. The guy was clearly mental and seething with rage. I don't understand why because he was going slow yet decided to perk up after being undertaken so clearly he knows he could drive faster if he doesn't want to be undertaken.

The dash cam helped convict him. So do you think he would have been convicted without said dash cam? The guy literally gestured to side swipe me by moving his car left then right towards my passenger side. Luckily my dash cam has a wide angle lens and is 4K.

Soldato
OP
She was easily able to open her passenger door and swing it into mine.

Police just rang me back and at the end said they will issue her with a warning. He seemed to suggest that taking it further was pointless. Fine by me. Just wanted them to speak to her.

As for going faster it was in a school area with my daughters school just at the top of the hill. I see idiots speeding up and down it all the time. I didnt want to do that. I was about to stop anyway!

Soldato
I fitted a dash cam a couple of years ago having got fed up of these kinds of drivers. Driving the speed limit, people 5cm off your bumper, flashing lights, gesturing aggressively etc.

The moment for me was a guy who was doing this behind me for about 3 miles, before overtaking me flat out when hitting a dual carriageway and tearing away at 100+. About another 4 miles down the road, hes stopped at red lights and I pull up behind him. So I slow clapped him to congratulate his idiotic dangerous driving getting him one car length ahead. Cue him getting out his car, walking up to my car and kicking off even more. Maybe I shouldn't have slow clapped him, but clearly the guy was triggered. Dash cam went in a week later.

The amount of idiots on the road is frightening.

Soldato
I get this sort of thing all the time mostly in the evening though. Unfortunately unless you have dashcam footage where the number plate is clearly visible the police usually won't be interested. I'm thinking about getting one honestly its the way the world is these days.

Soldato
I’m always tempted to brake suddenly when being tailgated? Would the driver hitting from behind always be at fault?
Yes and no.

In theory they should always leave enough room but if they had a dashcam, it wouldn't reflect well on either party and you might find it's not so cut and dried if no one believes you really had to brake for a phantom badger and instead were deliberately brake checking someone.

Back
Top Bottom