The Tesla Thread

Soldato
I'm not sure you can compare an M4 with a Model 3, are they not a million miles apart price wise? The Model 3 fights well above its price point performance wise, especially at legal speeds and its great fun to wind round country roads imho but very different and at a fraction of the running costs.

EV aside, a new model 3 offers more functionality that a new bmw at the same price point.

/edit A new M4 starts from 76990 with no extras, a new Model 3 performance is 59990, or the long range is 49990, with the acceleration boost is 51490. An M4 comp is a lovely car but you can't compare the Model 3 with it or expect the same driving experience / performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
The level of evangelism these days, now even when you want an EV you're labelled a dinosaur and have a chip on your shoulder if you don't have the correct requirements and reasoning for wanting one :cry:

Soldato
The level of evangelism these days, now even when you want an EV you're labelled a dinosaur and have a chip on your shoulder if you don't have the correct requirements and reasoning for wanting one :cry:

Yup, I’m not sure what those salty comments are about.

Let’s be realistic, the BMW is going to be a nicer place to sit than the Tesla Model 3 and the price reflects that. It starts at £15k more than the most expensive Model 3.

Porsche Taycan or e-Tron GT?

This basically. The iX4 M50 is also an option and no doubt plenty of others coming from the Germans over the next few years.

I feel we have gone off topic slightly.

Associate
If you’re in the UK, you have got zero chance of getting a Y in early Jan or Jan at all since Tesla always deliver in the last 6 weeks of each quarter. At the VERY best we might see them start being delivered halfway through Feb since it takes 30 days for a shipment to make its way from Shanghai.
I’m leasing - they have secured stock already on-route. I have a confirmed delivery of early January.

Soldato
I’m leasing - they have secured stock already on-route. I have a confirmed delivery of early January.

Set your expectations low. This almost certainly won’t happen.

I have a Y on order too and desperately want you to be right though! As it stands my order isn’t even at the point where I can select the delivery location, payment info etc.

Associate
Set your expectations low. This almost certainly won’t happen.

I have a Y on order too and desperately want you to be right though! As it stands my order isn’t even at the point where I can select the delivery location, payment info etc.
Thanks buddy. I’m hoping this is not the case. I will keep this thread updated.

Hope you get an update on yours soon.

Soldato
Thanks buddy. I’m hoping this is not the case. I will keep this thread updated.

Hope you get an update on yours soon.

Good luck - #Fingers crossed for an early car - Genuinely looking forward to seeing them but leasing companies are being very very deceitful telling people they can get Jan etc.

Considering Tesla themselves don't even have any finance options yet NOR, do they have any stock information/details. Mate of mine has leased one via his works scheme (Arval i think) - They told him Jan as well on initial order. He spoke to them to confirm something else the other day, they have already told him that they have NO confirmed stock or delivery dates and the website information is effectively just to secure deals/financing pending the cars actually arriving.

Associate
Good luck - #Fingers crossed for an early car - Genuinely looking forward to seeing them but leasing companies are being very very deceitful telling people they can get Jan etc.

Considering Tesla themselves don't even have any finance options yet NOR, do they have any stock information/details. Mate of mine has leased one via his works scheme (Arval i think) - They told him Jan as well on initial order. He spoke to them to confirm something else the other day, they have already told him that they have NO confirmed stock or delivery dates and the website information is effectively just to secure deals/financing pending the cars actually arriving.
That’s terrible but doesn’t surprise me at all. I’ll see what happens I guess. I’ll keep this thread updated.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’ve suddenly my got full self drive visualisation working. Normally the option is greyed out but it’s let me turn it on and I’m leaving it on :D

Traffic lights are shown on the dash when stopped at lights, it’s pretty cool. I’m sure there’s other cool quirks but I haven’t dug in to it just yet.

Associate
I’ve suddenly my got full self drive visualisation working. Normally the option is greyed out but it’s let me turn it on and I’m leaving it on :D

Traffic lights are shown on the dash when stopped at lights, it’s pretty cool. I’m sure there’s other cool quirks but I haven’t dug in to it just yet.

That's strange my M3LR has always had this, just standard autopilot.

I recently drove one with FSD and it's not really much different from mine, definitely not worth £6800! Might be once the UK approves it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

That's strange my M3LR has always had this, just standard autopilot.

I recently drove one with FSD and it's not really much different from mine, definitely not worth £6800! Might be once the UK approves it.
Check in the settings, you have to enable it

It’s on the same page as the option for autosteer.

Soldato
Not sure why you are being so salty.

I'm interested in an EV but it needs to be fast as I already have an M4 and I'm accustomed to it's speed.

Not exactly sure what's wrong with that?

BTW, I'll be keeping both cars as the M4 will be the weekend warrior so not changing from M4 to Tesla.

For what purpose? On the road a performance is a quicker car than your M4. Where are you using this >70mph pulling power? As proven in lap time, you’re not particularly outclassing one either in an M4.

BMW interiors are woeful and about 10years behind the times, Audi, Mercedes and Tesla are all far more modern. Why would you want less features and ease of use? You’d have to be mad to choose an idrive setup over Teslas.

Not sure how pointing out a car with better tech is fanboyism. I used to think my A45 was a) fast and b) had a nice interior and infotainment with CarPlay, but since moving on it’s obvious how Tesla just do it better.

Associate
For what purpose? On the road a performance is a quicker car than your M4. Where are you using this >70mph pulling power? As proven in lap time, you’re not particularly outclassing one either in an M4.

BMW interiors are woeful and about 10years behind the times, Audi, Mercedes and Tesla are all far more modern. Why would you want less features and ease of use? You’d have to be mad to choose an idrive setup over Teslas.

Not sure how pointing out a car with better tech is fanboyism. I used to think my A45 was a) fast and b) had a nice interior and infotainment with CarPlay, but since moving on it’s obvious how Tesla just do it better.

You talk like this is fact and not just your opinion.

A touchscreen only control scheme does not equal “Better tech” and certainly not “ease of use”. Nor does a Spartan cabin equal “more modern” or better than a BMW (or any other German brand for that matter).

The Tesla Model 3 is an impressive car, no doubt, but I’ll take the latest 3-series BMW cabin and tech over it any day of the week in terms of quality and usability. And that’s just my preference and opinion of course, having driven both.

Soldato
I don't know why someone not interested in a Tesla Model 3 is posting in a thread called "Tesla Model 3", and then others commenting about evangelism, tbh.

Where's the BMW M4 thread so I can post about how uninterested I am in getting one?

Back
Top Bottom