Mountain Biking

Soldato
All those jumps yesterday have battered me, probably the cumulative total of ~10 hours traveling on trains etc too to do the ride, but I'm a tired and sore lad today. Can't wait to visit there again!

Associate
All those jumps yesterday have battered me, probably the cumulative total of ~10 hours traveling on trains etc too to do the ride, but I'm a tired and sore lad today. Can't wait to visit there again!
Glad to hear you're a fan. I can agree with the body toll, my shoulders and legs aren't overly happy today :cry:

Soldato
Part of me is gutted I couldn't go FJ on Sunday but also partly smug when I was looking out the window and it was hammering down :p

Going stiniog on 13th Nov, hopefully the weather is a little better by then!

Soldato
Part of me is gutted I couldn't go FJ on Sunday but also partly smug when I was looking out the window and it was hammering down :p

It was torrential rain until about 10:30am, we started at 11am, the cloud cleared and it was pretty much blue skies until about 3:30pm. Ya missed out man :D

Soldato

You'd have shown us noobs up anyway! :p

Definitely have to organise something in the near future.

Soldato
Got a couple lads in a north west biking group planning on Pimbo this Sunday, been meaning to go for a while so reckon this is the weekend

That lass taking photos and vids at FJs when we rode smashed herself up a gooden at pimbo.

Found a vid on their YouTube, she just went over a berm into a tree, didn't look bad at all, certainly wasn't going fast.

Fractured C2, C3, T6, T7, T9 :eek:

Associate
That lass taking photos and vids at FJs when we rode smashed herself up a gooden at pimbo.

Found a vid on their YouTube, she just went over a berm into a tree, didn't look bad at all, certainly wasn't going fast.

Fractured C2, C3, T6, T7, T9 :eek:
Fairly sure some young lad broke his collarbone when I was there after going OTB on a table. The jump lines get pretty sizeable despite being fully rollable.

Soldato
This is the weekend when illuz ventures to dyfi.

May he rest in peace.

:cry::D

Didn't make it unfortunately! Some **** bag covvvd me up. Zero symptoms but positive. Tom went solo and had a blast, met Rachel Atherton. Came off once but he was alright.

Although now @Hedge has booked Inners Adrenalin for us this coming Saturday. Probably gonna be the steepest **** I've ridden! Lookin forward to it.

@SpudMaster how was Stiniog?

Soldato
Didn't make it unfortunately! Some **** bag covvvd me up. Zero symptoms but positive. Tom went solo and had a blast, met Rachel Atherton. Came off once but he was alright.

Although now @Hedge has booked Inners Adrenalin for us this coming Saturday. Probably gonna be the steepest **** I've ridden! Lookin forward to it.

@SpudMaster how was Stiniog?

That sucks about Dyfi! I think you always atleast meet one Atherton when you go. When I was there I saw a pregnant Rachel and Dan pushing in on the uplifts! :eek: :p

Stiniog was good, weather a great considering the time of year and I came home in one piece :D Just uploading a run down Black Powder now, once the hd version has processed I'll link it on here

Soldato
Stiniogs high on my list of want to ride, excellent run on Black Powder!

Got so much footage to get through, and will have a tonne more with @Hedge from Inners this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Soldato
Innerleithen is steep as. Hands hurt from being on the brakes so much :cry:. Good progression though, be visiting there more, makes everything else I've ridden seem tame in honesty.

Stiniog booked for the 4th!

Associate
Managed to lose my car keys on a ride this weekend, that led to some fun and games (and plenty of swearing). Ironic that a couple months ago I was considering buying either Tile or Airtag trackers and decided not to as I never really misplace things like keys. That worked out :rolleyes:

Ah well, such is life. Got a few mates planning a day out at Degla next weekend, not been since injuring myself there so will be good to get back and finish it off for my own little victory

Soldato
Managed to lose my car keys on a ride this weekend, that led to some fun and games (and plenty of swearing). Ironic that a couple months ago I was considering buying either Tile or Airtag trackers and decided not to as I never really misplace things like keys. That worked out :rolleyes:

Ah well, such is life. Got a few mates planning a day out at Degla next weekend, not been since injuring myself there so will be good to get back and finish it off for my own little victory

Ah mate that's a nightmare. I was telling illuz this weekend that my car keys fell out my pocket when I fell off at inners in the past, but luckily I spotted them just nearby.

Did you have to use some kind of recovery?

Associate
Ah mate that's a nightmare. I was telling illuz this weekend that my car keys fell out my pocket when I fell off at inners in the past, but luckily I spotted them just nearby.

Did you have to use some kind of recovery?
Fortunately the other half was at home and I had a spare there, so could have been much worse. Still, not much to be done now other than suck up the replacement costs, could be worse!

Caporegime

We use those key lock things often, probably not very secure and I'm sure it invalidates my insurance though . I'm very scared about having my keys on me, very rarely leave them on me.

Bike fixed on Thursday, two weeks of no riding has been torture. Scratched the sanction in the van :/

Back
Top Bottom