Top cashback/QuidCo

Soldato
I'm a long time user of said sites out of simplicity to save myself a grand or so over the year for the easy steps of opening an app and clicking some buttons.

However a few guys at work recently said they had never heard of them, which left me pretty shocked.

This left me wondering how many of you don't regularly check said sites to save yourself some pennies? Through house utilities, to car insurance, to buying gifts for loved ones, the savings become quite significant through the year.

Very useful in these times, especially over the last year.

I hope this thread is in the right place, if not please move it, and apologies.

Soldato
I often mention these sites to people and regularly hear comments like 'it's too much hassle', 'i can't be bothered', 'they never pay out' and so on, it baffles me.

I've just hit over £3k cashback for the last 9 years of use on TCB, all things I was going to buy anyway and spending an extra 10 seconds before buying something to see if they have it there.

Man of Honour
I'm sure it could save you a few quid on all the Guccie belts you must be buying.
You must be getting your Gucci belts off dodgy Dave down the market spelt like that.

I always check TCB/Quidco/My works benefits website whenever I remember if I'm making a reasonable sized purchase or booking hotels and things. It's better in my pocket than theirs as my dad would say.
Just make sure you're not already paying over the odds compared to shops that aren't on the cashback websites.

Soldato
Had a few times now where cashback hasn't been paid out from certain retailers, others go through fine. They've recently removed the ability to check customer reviews on cashback accuracy so they know it's an issue too. I'll often check but it is frustrating when you're having to claim for cashback.

Soldato
You must be getting your Gucci belts off dodgy Dave down the market spelt like that.

I always check TCB/Quidco/My works benefits website whenever I remember if I'm making a reasonable sized purchase or booking hotels and things. It's better in my pocket than theirs as my dad would say.
Just make sure you're not already paying over the odds compared to shops that aren't on the cashback websites.

Damn. Brain to finer error.

Soldato
Using these sites, even when the cashback pays out, doesn't always give you the cheapest net price.

Always worth visiting stores directly and through cashback sites to see price differences.

Caporegime
They are good and have made £1000's back in cashback over the years. However, i would far prefer things to just be a set price without constant cashback/discount code/affiliate marketing offers etc. It just makes buying things a chore.

Soldato
Using these sites, even when the cashback pays out, doesn't always give you the cheapest net price.

Always worth visiting stores directly and through cashback sites to see price differences.

I've done this a lot and the only time i've had a price difference is insurance renewals and occasionally utility switches as they normally have deals with the cashback sites already in place.

I've yet to see a price difference going direct to site A as opposed to following the TCB link to site A for actual physical goods. Of course you could get cheaper prices on site B for the same item on site A you're using TCB on, however by the time i'm checking TCB, i've already checked prices across sites for whatever I want to buy.

Caporegime
I was late coming to topcashback and over the last years have had £3,189 back. All stuff I was buying anyway, some cashback was only 20p but it all adds up.

I dont understand why anybody wouldnt use it.

Used to forget occasionally but now have the TCB addon for chrome so it automatically puts any cashback available on any site I am shopping at so I dont even have to remember to go to tcb first so no extra delays.

Soldato
I use TCB quite a lot, as above i've had a fair chunk back. It's particularly handy when moving house or at Christmas etc. Along with services like Insurance/BT/Utilities/Phone contracts.

I've stopped getting annoyed at things not paying out. It used to really annoy me and i'd chase it up, now i just accept it and move on.

Man of Honour
I earn between £100 to £200 a year with almost no effort. It's only ever on things I was going to buy anyway. So it's just free money.

Caporegime
I always get extra if buying stuff at work. Most of my £3k has been the last few years. This year has been good, over £800 so far, mainly work purchases. Just got £100 tcb from a bigdug order for some shelves for work.

Especially good when work needs a new computer/screen. HP/Dell etc have the best cashbacks.

My best one this year was on some software purchase. It was in a sale but they hadnt adjusted the tcb. Software was £58 reduced from £116 and I got £48 cashback on it so was only £10.

Caporegime
I only do it on decent rewards

Bank switches
Energy switches
Mobile phones

Or. If I'm spending like. 1000s

Most recent one is 25 percent on Google home products(not from Google) . Part of me thinks it won't track seems too good to be true!

My Total is 1k.
Mostly Made up of a few big cash backs.

Back
Top Bottom