Utopia (ch 4)

Soldato
He knew who her father was and asked her about him, so he must have known she was Jessica Hyde.

But after he asked her, did you know him, and she said no I left when I was four, he looked baffled and said where is Jessica Hyde and walked off. To me it was a realisation that what she said wasn't true, or have I misinterpreted the scene.

Soldato
I read it as he has been looking for Jessica Hyde for so long and constantly says "Where is Jessica Hyde" in an almost programmed like fashion that, now he has found her, his "programming" has glitched hence his default "where is Jessica Hyde" before wandering off....

Soldato
I think its rubbish. It has more plotholes than something with a lot of holes. No awareness of how the police or forensics work. The characters are not interesting. Not a lot really happens, its not telling you anything. It lacks the budget to adequately portray its concept.

It looked like some cool David Lynch thing in the trailers but its just some bog standard conspiracy nonsense.

Associate
it's is watchable but nothing special, I like the photography but I absolutely hate the story telling it's atrocious ... it is trying too hard to build up the suspense/thriller. Instead of showing the story it is telling it through the dialogue, shame really. Needs more drama too.

Soldato
I thought the first episode was brilliant - pretty, attention grabbing, very well paced, suspenseful, hilarious and gory.

The other episodes so far have been a big let down with very little plot or character progression and some very stilted dialogue.

Associate
Very impressed by this show and thought the last episode was worth hanging around for to get past some of the storytelling elements. Loved the way it was shot, and the music was suitably odd to carry it all through. Well done Channel 4, tbh.

Caporegime
I enjoyed that and surprised it filled 6 episodes. Would like to see Black Mirror on such a scale. Mr Rabbit was kinda obvious, but it didnt spoil the ride. The cinematography was lovely...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
yes probably the wrong series lol - the original is still the best (is that coke or heinz?) not the zoomer remake.

Back
Top Bottom