• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Caporegime
Never played Halo so no experience with the game before, but its a FPS shooter so I would probably like it.

It's on my to play list once I've finished with Forza Horizon 5 and Call of Duty Vanguard.

Soldato
This is a strange table, I play Halo Infinite at high settings 4k 60 on my 3060ti, have never really experienced lower that 50-60fps.

Depends what CPU they used as well. Digital foundry shows the game runs better on Intel CPUs than AMD - like a 3090 can get over 120fps but not in this benchmark. Even more strange is the RX580 results, it's performing much worse than an Xbox Series X which has the same GPU

Last edited:
Associate
Depends what CPU they used as well. Digital foundry shows the game runs better on Intel CPUs than AMD - like a 3090 can get over 120fps but not in this benchmark. Even more strange is the RX580 results, it's performing much worse than an Xbox Series X which has the same GPU
I'm using a Ryzen 5 5600x with no problems at all. Infinite runs smooth.

Soldato

SX GPU and a RX 580 are totally different…

Soldato
Love how settings are kept with parity in mind with the XSX. Swear the top end GPU's absolutely annihilate the consoles. I know PC always gets ports, but come on man.

Soldato
typo, meant to say One X. The One X runs at 1800p 30fps in quality mode and 1300p 60fps performance mode but the poor RX580 gets 16fps at 1080p.. makes no sense

PCs and consoles are a lot more similar than they used to be, but they are not the same hardware. You'll always get more performance out of a console on similar hardware as you have more scope for optimising for a single platform.

Soldato
Never played Halo so no experience with the game before, but its a FPS shooter so I would probably like it.

It's on my to play list once I've finished with Forza Horizon 5 and Call of Duty Vanguard.

Grab the free online experience from steam. It's a cracking game after the disappointing release of Battlefield I have been enjoying Halo instead.

Soldato

You can never compare a GPU from the desktop to the GPU inside a locked out console.

Console direct to the metal hardware alike will always out perform a Windows GPU.

Back
Top Bottom