OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
Watch out, dads, horrible bug going around. We all caught it in our house at once. Worst I’ve ever had and I’ve had Norovirus before.

Unfortunately it’s hit my son (7 months) quite hard indeed. He’s been in the hospital 3 times in 6 days as he’s been unable to keep anything down and gets dehydrated easily. Awful.

Home at the moment, couple of projectile stomach ejections this afternoon. Hopefully he’ll recover soon.

Soldato
Watch out, dads, horrible bug going around. We all caught it in our house at once. Worst I’ve ever had and I’ve had Norovirus before.

Unfortunately it’s hit my son (7 months) quite hard indeed. He’s been in the hospital 3 times in 6 days as he’s been unable to keep anything down and gets dehydrated easily. Awful.

Home at the moment, couple of projectile stomach ejections this afternoon. Hopefully he’ll recover soon.

Hope he's gets well soon.

Our little one has had the squirts for two weeks now, going through nappies like no tomorrow, doctors have taken a sample but she's not dehydrated thankfully.

Associate
Hope he's on the mend soon mate, so many viruses around now and you can guarantee my 2 kids will pass it to me! lots of covid going around in the school now to , hoping no one gets it coming up to xmas

Soldato
We're expecting number 2 at the end of February. Excited and also terrified at having to do all of the baby stuff with a helpful 4 year old in tow.

Nursery bugs and COVID are so unpleasant, I hope everyone's on the mend.

Associate
Yea bugs have been bad for everyone in my household as well, all 5 children have had COVID after my 7 year old bought it back from school and of course myself and the wife got it as well.

So that's 3 children off school plus the twins who are two, they are unwell as well all self isolating.

The wife was so unwell I thought I was going to need to call an ambulance at one point she was so breathless but luckily she recovered after 4 days, during these days I had all 5 kids and couldn't work, at which point I got very unwell and went through the same thing!

We are both double jabbed but it really knocked us for six.

You cannot believe how hard it is when you have 5 young children wanting to play and do things when you feel like death.

Edit* that's why I'm up at this ungodly hour as I have been resting for 3 days to get over this COVID stuff

Soldato
Yea bugs have been bad for everyone in my household as well, all 5 children have had COVID after my 7 year old bought it back from school and of course myself and the wife got it as well.

So that's 3 children off school plus the twins who are two, they are unwell as well all self isolating.

The wife was so unwell I thought I was going to need to call an ambulance at one point she was so breathless but luckily she recovered after 4 days, during these days I had all 5 kids and couldn't work, at which point I got very unwell and went through the same thing!

You cannot believe how hard it is when you have 5 young children wanting to play and do things when you feel like death.

Edit* that's why I'm up at this ungodly hour as I have been resting for 3 days to get over this COVID stuff
I can't imagine dealing with 5 kids when I'm in good health:cry:.

Man of Honour
Regarding pram buying, is there any retailer that lets you try before you buy? We have two cars and one has a tight(ish) boot opening so I want to be able to see if I can fit it in the boot before deciding.

Soldato
Regarding pram buying, is there any retailer that lets you try before you buy? We have two cars and one has a tight(ish) boot opening so I want to be able to see if I can fit it in the boot before deciding.
You'd have to Google your own area now places like Mothercare have gone bust. Smyths toys is the only chain that comes to mind.

We found a local indy place without too much issue though.

taB

taB

Associate
We have a yoto and will be getting a mini one for the other sprog at Christmas. Big plus is that's it's totally useable by the kids and no faff or setup needed. When we weren't able to see family much they would record stories for the kids that we put onto cards and they could listen to when going to sleep.

The daily short audio is also super, my son tends to turn that on now in the mornings before getting up which gives us an extra 10 mins or so peace. Cheese or Chocolate is a cracking game they do.

We've spent nothing to date on extra cards.

Permabanned

do you not have condoms ? why the hell would you bring 5 kids into this world ?

Associate
do you not have condoms ? why the hell would you bring 5 kids into this world ?

Excuse me that is rather rude! I don't know why I have to explain myself to you but anyway my wife is from a large family (she is Irish) and always wanted at least three children. I was happy with only having two but you know how things are. We had three and wanted a 4th well it ended up being twins, not a lot we can do about that sorry.

Soldato

Is there a John Lewis near you? We parked up at the service entrance and they brought out the prams we were eyeing up to try putting them in the boot.

Soldato
Excuse me that is rather rude! I don't know why I have to explain myself to you but anyway my wife is from a large family (she is Irish) and always wanted at least three children. I was happy with only having two but you know how things are. We had three and wanted a 4th well it ended up being twins, not a lot we can do about that sorry.
Not really his business, why explain yourself? ;)

Soldato
Anyone elses 3 to 4 year boy old being a complete and utter ****, refusing to do anything you ask him, doesn't like anything you offer him, fighting with his older brother. Always bloody loud too. Even talking to him hes shouting. Hes driving us mad. Having to deal with our eldest with ASD and ADHD plus our 1 year old too, its like a never ending battle to keep then under control.

Wish I kept on watching Netflix somedays.

Back
Top Bottom