New PC - Windows 10 or 11?

Associate
Building a couple of new PC's and can't decide whether to buy Windows 10 Pro OEM or buy Windows 11 Pro OEM seeing as they are both the same price.

If I buy Windows 11, can I downgrade to Windows 10 like you could with previous OS releases?

Soldato
Stability - windows 10

Windows 11 isn't a major upgrade it's quiet buggy

https://youtu.be/ae587GY8AEo

That's a couple of months ago. Some slowness and issues were caused by drivers (AMD released the new chipset drivers for Windows 11). I'm not advocating going for Windows 11 - I'd suggest taking a look at it and seeing what you prefer. I've had it as a main PC for a couple of months and can't really notice any difference from 10. There are a couple of frustrations (i.e. Task Manager now having to be done via CTRL+ALT+DEL) rather than clicking on the bottom bar but no real show stoppers.

Overall though I haven't had a crash (I didn't with Windows 10 to be fair), games run fine on it and it does seem to just work.

M.

Soldato
Uh? you can just right click the start button as before.

You can but you used to be able to do it via the entire bar. Like I said nothing major as there are different work around but just slightly different from 10.

CTRL+Shift+Esc also works.

M.

Back
Top Bottom