Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Absolute fix by Masi there. Telling them no overtaking then Horner cries in his ear and last 2nd, overtake and gift the win to Max.

Last nail in the coffin of F1 for me. Max lost that track position by pitting. He should not have been given it back by RC.

Soldato
I really hope Mercedes kick off about this as much they can. The FIA and their stewards have been shocking all year.

I wouldn't have cared if Lewis won, or Max won, but that is pathetic.

On a different note. Why did Perez retire? RB could have had a 1-2.

Caporegime
No because that would eliminate the gap he had built up if it came at the wrong time. Again its about minimising the risk, these teams have simulations running all permutations.

Of course it might go wrong and Max could win but the best strategy based on the information available at the time was to stay out.

Sorry need you to explain to me how the VSC or SC make it worse if Lewis stayed out.

If its SC Lewis gets free pit and comes up in front, everyone stacked up regardless. Lewis then has fresher tyres in this scenario
VSC gets again a better pit but the gaps are maintained when he comes out, which would be a net gain?

Still need you to explain this one to me :) And ultimately has cost them the title by making all of them closer than it should've been :)

(Granted the FIA have gift wrapped a tainted title)

Soldato
A fitting finish for a farce of a sport but the race director was screwed whatever he did there. His best option was to throw a red and guarantee a straight 2 lap fight on new tyres all around

Soldato
That's utterly ridiculous, when have they EVER unlapped JUST the cars in the way of 2nd being able to attack the 1st place car.

Absolutely bent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom