Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nobody wants the safety car leading them over the line, but they could have just left the lapped cars and added a lap or two to the end as other disciplines do. Would have been fairer than that.

They could have red flagged immediately if they wanted a race.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What an absolute joke, when have they ever just let a few lapped cars overtake?
Never in my experience.

They’ll get away with it because the wording says they “may” let lapped cars overtake.

I hope Merc protest that shambles of an ending.

Associate
Nobody wants the safety car leading them over the line, but they could have just left the lapped cars and added a lap or two to the end as other disciplines do. Would have been fairer than that.

Agreed, I don't think they've ever not let them lap, so they absolutely knew what they were doing.

Soldato
Managed to catch start and end of the race. Did much happen throughout?

Weird decision but then so was letting Lewis keep the slight advantage at the start of the race after he went of the track. He should have been told to slow down a bit.

Shame it ended under this circumstances.
Honestly these new era tracks seem to create more flash points than the old school tracks. I hope they stop this need to just plant walls with zero run off/gravel.

Soldato
I honestly didn't mind which of them won it, as it had been an incredible year and both deserved the win.

However Masi's borderline incompetence, and wavering to anyone who challenges him has absolutely tainted the season, and taken a stinking great **** on the integrity of the championship.

Soldato
They could have red flagged immediately if they wanted a race.

This is the problem I have with the way things are.

You don't red flag a race when clearing a car unless it's unsafe to do so. You don't chop and change the rules to put on a great show. The race should have ended under the safety car. Personally I wanted to see someone else win the WDC but not like this. It sucks, and the consistency is rightfully going to be questioned for a long time.

Caporegime
Never in my experience.

They’ll get away with it because the wording says they “may” let lapped cars overtake.

I hope Merc protest that shambles of an ending.

"May decide how many lapped cars we let through to influence the result and give one driver a massive tyre advantage" :rolleyes:

Soldato
Wowzers there was me hoping pre race we had a clean race and no shenanigans.

What we've ended up with is almost the worst shenanigans we could have had!

Rulebook just went out of the window for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom