Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The FIA have intervened there and virtually fixed the result.

Red Bull took a gamble to pit, give up position to back markers on the risk that they may or may not be let go.

Mercedes took the gamble that the safety car would last long enough to reach the end while unlapping or that Max would sacrifice position.

The FIA, seemingly for the first time ever, have then at short notice decided to reorder only the cars that are between Max and Lewis.

That just isn't sporting because they're changing the parameters the teams are making decisions within. If they'd known beforehand that regardless Max would be put behind Lewis, Mercedes would have pit Lewis.

Soldato
How many lapped cars were behind Lewis? Why did only 4/5 pass then race on?

That's not how this works... it was leave them there and get your race or let them all unlap and SC to the end at that point.

What the actual ****? You can't make this stuff up on the fly. Millions of £'s are involved in this. No way that can be left unchecked.

Associate
Max was bossed all day by a better driver but there we go.

I just hope he gets a bit more mature and less of a dangerous driver as he ages as it will be more befitting of the future titles he will probably get.

Permabanned
Managed to catch start and end of the race. Did much happen throughout?

Weird decision but then so was letting Lewis keep the slight advantage at the start of the race after he went of the track. He should have been told to slow down a bit.

Shame it ended under this circumstances.

Not really, Hamilton bossed it from start to finish then a crash, then Max gifted a win.

Associate
Best season I've seen in a long time.

I think it's fair to say that Max's claims that they're out to get him have never looked more laughable. I'm not inclined toward conspiracies, but I think it's fair say he had more than his fair share of luck today.

Hopefully next season will be better!

Soldato
F1 has become more about off the track than on it, it’s bad when the most exciting part of a race is waiting on a decision from the stewards.
Very inconsistent season from the stewards, I felt the decision on lap one was rather strange but not nearly as strange as the one on the last lap, maybe red bulls bucket of cash turned out to have more in it than they thought at the start.

Caporegime
How many lapped cars were behind Lewis? Why did only 4/5 pass then race on?

That's no how this works... it was leave them there and get your race or let them all unlap and SC to the end at the point.

What the actual ****? You can't make this stuff up on the fly. Millions of £'s are involved on this. No way that can be left unchecked.

You just let the cars through that will hand someone a massive tyre advantage and therefore the title.

Soldato
Never in my experience.

They’ll get away with it because the wording says they “may” let lapped cars overtake.

I hope Merc protest that shambles of an ending.

Having sat in 3GPP standards meetings watching lawyers argue the meaning of the word “may” for 3 days, I expect Mercedes to parachute in their lawyers ASAP.

Soldato
Very calm interview by Lewis. I would be scathing and call the FIA and Masi out. Wouldn't matter if I lost my championship points, it's not like they would matter anyway, and any fines would be peanuts. Might as well drag them down and shame them.

Caporegime
Not the first time they have kept other drivers out of the way in title head to heads. If it wasn't done by the FIA the teams did it themselves. Look it's always been a nonsense WWE sport. Even the stupid rules locking down development has given Hamilton the easiest run to multiple titles. It's just a crap entertainment show these days and this is how they get people talking because lets face it kids aren't into this dead sport in the uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom