Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
How many laps the SC is for is a guess.

At the beginning, it is a guess yes. But This is Gav was saying you can’t change the result on a probability.

Except the rules say the SC should have stayed out 1 more lap. As the end of the lap the SC should have done was the end of the race, there is no probability of how the race should have ended if the rules had been followed.

Transmission breaker
Don
Safety car finish is fine if it's what happens, and they follow the rules..
Hamilton earned that win the hard way, and was robbed by some very unusual processes that were not in the rules.
It's 100% very messy and also 100% not Max's fault.

Soldato
For such a technical sport where every margin matters, how can they say that actually yeah Max did go in front a tiny bit, but it's fine as be dropped back. Wtf? On that basis, Max only won by 2 seconds so let's just call it a Mazepin win. I mean it's just stupid. You can't make stuff up. The rules are there to be followed by the book or nothing works.

Soldato
They do however red flag if they think the SC would last too long, which they could have done if they wanted a contrived shootout.

In retrospect, I bet Masi is wishing he'd done exactly that. Red flag the race immediately after the Latifi incident then you get a straight fight between Lewis and Max on fresh tyres over several laps.

Caporegime
Got really disillusioned with F1 over the past few years, this season brought me back, think I’ll be off it again for the foreseeable future.

Again, as far from Hamilton’s greatest fan, What a farce!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not sure if anyone here speaks Dutch but would love to see how this is viewed from the other side.
Yesterday I saw someone sticking up for Jos Verstappen beating women because it “happened year ago anyway”. They’ll not accept any criticism of their idols.

If it gets overturned there will be riots by the Max fans.

Soldato
For such a technical sport where every margin matters, how can they say that actually yeah Max did go in front a tiny bit, but it's fine as be dropped back. Wtf? On that basis, Max only won by 2 seconds so let's just call it a Mazepin win. I mean it's just stupid. You can't make stuff up. The rules are there to be followed by the book or nothing works.

This does have some precedence. So that has an impact. I think it would have been very harsh.

Soldato
Name me a sport where the person can be 20 seconds behind but still tactically have the upperhand. F1 is a complete mess at the moment and this result should be overturned and the championship given to the winner who in my eyes was Hamilton.

Shocking decision making at the end

Soldato
they wipe away big leads and give free pit stops too, lewis won this 3x over.

Soldato
If I hear one more moronic journo, or dullard pundit like Nico Rosberg talk about Max as "one of the greatest" I'm going to scream. Lewis was one point from winning his maiden championship, and won it on the second try. It took Max 7 goes* ffs. He's not even on the same page as Lewis.

*Still up for debate

To be fair to Verstappen when was the last time a driver won the championship in a lesser car? It rarely happens and I think it would have to go back to Raikkonen in 2007.

Caporegime
Not sure if anyone here speaks Dutch but would love to see how this is viewed from the other side.

I am Dutch, I speak Dutch fluently and my family all live in Holland.

The general consensus on Dutch Twitter is that Max won fair and square and that Lewis fans are just a bunch of crybabies with lovely salty tears.

That said, the Dutch have never been good winners. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be absolutely revelling in the sheer bitterness and misery of the Dutch.

Don
Got really disillusioned with F1 over the past few years, this season brought me back, think I’ll be off it again for the foreseeable future.

Again, as far from Hamilton’s greatest fan, What a farce!

Likewise, this season has seen some very poor response from the FIA. Regardless of the outcome, I think I'll be cancelling my F1 subscription on Monday

Soldato
For such a technical sport where every margin matters, how can they say that actually yeah Max did go in front a tiny bit, but it's fine as be dropped back. Wtf?

This is exactly the same ruling as they made on Hamilton gaining advantage on the first lap - he dropped back and reduced the advantage back to how it was before. So either it stands for both or it stands for neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom