***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Just built one of the technic cars I had as a kid, with my daughter. Few bits missing...probably in other boxes.
I'm sure we lost some as kids and borrowed bits from other boxes.
Quite a few things in my dad's loft still, so need to go through them all, build them all and make sure I have all the bits.

Soldato
Some of the truck is showing signs of discolouring. Not sure why as been in loft in the dark, unless something managed to get on there whilst disassembling.

Soldato
Some good memories there, I had/have the red chopper 8856, and I enjoyed building it, but the cv(?) Joints kept breaking, intact I've noticed a few changes with old to new technics parts, a lot of the newer stuff does seem "beefier". I always wanted that black car though.

Associate
Some of the truck is showing signs of discolouring. Not sure why as been in loft in the dark, unless something managed to get on there whilst disassembling.

Stunning collection! 8860 is such a childhood memory and iconic etc, would love to own one, only I am avoiding the Lego rabbit hole as I collect old Scalextric. :D

I don't know if its the same for discolouration for old Lego, for Scalextric the tyres were the culprit, the tyres go off and yellow both white and transparent parts. Although from memory, Lego Tyres are not a soft rubber but almost plastic?

It could be just the chemical makeup of the plastic itself? I have an original Kenner Millennium Falcon from the eighties, and even though its been boxed from new and stored in the dark it has yellowed. :(

Soldato
Just hope all the pneumatics work, it's quite old now lol. Pistons all seem ok, valves appear fine. All be down to the motor now.

I have two of those* and all the pneumatics were OK. Just work the pistons a few times to make sure they're OK before you build it.

*bought cheap off ebay, solely for parts, before this Lego collecting thing took off

Soldato
I remember wanting that set (8860) as a kid in the late 80’s but it was too expensive, so I didn’t ever get it :(

I was so happy to get it for Xmas one year, built it on Xmas day then the instructions disappeared and I was never able to build it again (I always suspected they were in the box when my parents threw it out). It was the first thing I rebuilt using online instructions when I picked up all my Lego from my parents a few years back. Got 3 or 4 i of them now including 2 boxed ones :p

Back
Top Bottom