• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
https://youtu.be/8cz7KsSfYQU

So the 6900xt only really works with a ryzen system and have Sam enabled?
It helps if the person running the channel has the first idea what he's doing! Looks like a very simple case of pushed the clocks to the point where you get a massive drop off in performance due to not having enough power to push them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
https://youtu.be/8cz7KsSfYQU

So the 6900xt only really works with a ryzen system and have Sam enabled?
I just tested it, results below.
It helps if the person running the channel has the first idea what he's doing! Looks like a very simple case of pushed the clocks to the point where you get a massive drop off in performance due to not having enough power to push them.
I think Chud meant to say this user has no idea what he is doing, and I agree.

What it boils down to is he found one spot at the edge of the map in Warzone map Caldera, where his FPS drops down from average 230 ish down to 170 ish. He even admits it's perfectly fine everywhere else. He then disables SAM and his FPS drops to 90.

He clearly has a local system issue and an old, dirty OS which he admits at the start of the video. He has the GPU overclocked, and unless he is using a XTXH I very much doubt his clocks are stable on air. He would likely crash if the GPU utilisation ever hit 90%+, which is unlikely as something is constraining his performance. This could be unstable overclocks, a old/dirty OS, he is using Ryzen Master Tool to overclock his CPU, or something else altogether, hard to say as he refuses to engage.

Here are his numbers with SAM on/off vs mine at the same spot.
Frame Chasers SAM On
7HU38oB.jpg

LtMatt SAM on
QKCSGmu.png

Frame Chasers SAM Off
ulriNdb.png

LtMatt SAM Off
ITh3EhD.png

As you can see, SAM is adding roughly 10-20% performance for my system. SAM works especially well in CPU limited scenarios.

With us both running SAM off, my FPS are approximately 90% faster than his in the same spot.

Last edited:
Associate
So he retested with a clean os install and stock clocks and in two games found both much lower
Figures then his 3090’s?

sam seemed to make a nice boost on his ryzen system but on his 10900k at 5.4ghz all core and 12900k wasn’t as good as Sam can’t be run.

that’s the way I saw it

Caporegime
So he retested with a clean os install and stock clocks and in two games found both much lower
Figures then his 3090’s?

sam seemed to make a nice boost on his ryzen system but on his 10900k at 5.4ghz all core and 12900k wasn’t as good as Sam can’t be run.

that’s the way I saw it
I believe he could use Resizeable bar, which is the industry standard equivalent that Intel/Nvidia use.

Did he enable that in the BIOS?

Resizeable Bar does not have the 'magic sauce' of SAM though.

Back
Top Bottom