Asus ROG 42-inch OLED

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
Looks Like Asus engineers recognized any potential issues, these Rogs will have a heatsink included and 900 nits brightness, also full 48Gbps hdmi 2.1 ports and Micro texture anti glare coating.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
Wow that stand is pretty shocking come to think about it, good thing I don't think many will be able to afford it this is purely going to be for the super rich imo like QD-OLED also.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
Asus may have to be smart here when it comes to pricing, otherwise if lets say the LG 42" OLED arrives with pretty much the same specs and performance and it cost £800-1K, surely they can't out price themselves in this competitive market.

Come to think about it they probably still will :p

Associate
Asus may have to be smart here when it comes to pricing, otherwise if lets say the LG 42" OLED arrives with pretty much the same specs and performance and it cost £800-1K, surely they can't out price themselves in this competitive market.

Come to think about it they probably still will :p
Another reason for me to go for the 42C2 is because of app support like Netflix. My PC not in use or my nieces wants to watch movies with my sisters? I can just watch Netlix on my 42C2 on my desk in my bedroom. And 42C2 looks more slick with no gamery design bs.

Gigabyte 48" OLED monitor is already almost €1600 here. So yeah, choice is made.

Soldato
I reckon this will be the brightest 42 and 48 inch OLEDs. It's the only one of these sizes with a heatsink. Heatsinks usually reserved for the highest end OLEDs. Only the Sony A90J and Panasonic JZ1500/2000 has one from last year's OLEDs. LG only just introducing a heatsink this year on the G2.

But the QD-OLED sounds like it will be brighter still.

Soldato
So a heatsink is the better deal for brighter OLED tv's? If I set OLED light on 25 or 20, heatsink won't matter? I mean, I don't want a sun in front of my face.
Heatsink generally means brighter peaks (a90j and hz2000/jz1500/jz2000 have the highest peak brightness of any OLEDs so far) and less image retention which should reduce burn in risk.

Caporegime
Ha this is Asus it will cost more like £3000/4000 lol

If this was a one-off Asus product I'd agree, they take the **** where possible. But with the like of LG releasing the TV themselves at a presumably decent price it will force them to keep it somewhat sane. I can still see them pushing for 2k though, it looks like it'll be a v good product.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
Fomo and that US retailer stream did say the Sony 42" and 48" might come with a heatsink, the reports are very hazy when it comes to what panels will get the Evo panel or heatsink regarding sony and LG 42-48" models.

But we can guess the panels will be tweaked or improved for better peak brightness naturally. From what I recall last year LG were moving their production so pretty much everything was Evo, even the C1s were getting Evo panels, so its possible software/firmware was limiting specs but who knows.

I think this Asus rog 42" will still come in at 1.6K-1.8K price tag

Associate
To me, EVO or no EVO, it doesn't matter because it's for desk use so OLED light will be reduced to 20-25.

Asus version on the other hand, only real Asus fans will buy it. Unless I'm missing something but I'm curious about the input lags and picture presets. But yeah, if higher prices than the 42" and 48", not much interested either.

Back
Top Bottom