Tennis

Soldato
Just wait till he gets out of all this and gives a news conference **** will act like he’s Terry Waite and been locked up for 2 years.

I'd say that's brave, the public opinion of him at the moment is pretty low. There's families outside of Australia who aren't allowed in to see their dying relatives despite having been vaccinated, and this guy thinks he can just roll on in because he has a title to defend. I think a news conference would just stir public hatred more. Does he not have any PR company advising him what to do here.

Soldato
Australia were letting him in, it's the visa that wasn't accurate enough that is the issue...

Australia ruining people's lives is their policy makers problems, but they weren't making a stand by refusing him entry into the tournament, he as an individual has messed that up. So the great moral Australia illusion is incorrect.

Caporegime
They were letting him in based on a medical exemption that wasn't mentioned on the VISA.

If he can't prove what medical exemption that is, it currently appears to be nothing more than he's had COVID so should be exempt, he'll be home by Tuesday.

Australian government keeping people safe :cool:

Soldato
Probably not provided enough detail yes, admin error. Australia were more than happy have him at the tournament unvaccinated. It's not a shock to them, now they are using it as a political one up.

Australia ruining people's lives through their own policies. As for djokovic, probably tried to pull a fast one on an exemption, he should have known of all the places Australia are too bonkers to pull a fast one.

Caporegime
The easiest thing for him to do would publicly say what that exemption was/is and put all of the pressure back on the Australian government.

It apparently went through two review panels so he should be pretty confident with the reason he's given.

The fact his request to stay at rented accommodation with his team has been denied, something his lawyers are challenging, doesn't bode well for him. They must know he needs his VISA granted to stay anywhere in Australia so it currently seems like a sportsman trying to use his celebrity status to get what he wants when others can't.

Edit: Just read the medical exemption was granted so he could play in the tournament rather than enter Australia. Whoopsies.

Last edited:
Associate
Probably not provided enough detail yes, admin error. Australia were more than happy have him at the tournament unvaccinated. It's not a shock to them, now they are using it as a political one up.

Australia ruining people's lives through their own policies. As for djokovic, probably tried to pull a fast one on an exemption, he should have known of all the places Australia are too bonkers to pull a fast one.

I think you may be misunderstanding what has happened here? Tennis Australia granted him a medical exemption believed to be because he has tested positive for COVID at some point in the last 6 months. However the Federal Government have said that is not a valid medical exemption to enter the country. 2 totally different things. That is why he has been denied entry. As far as I can understand there is no admin error. Him, or his team, haven’t looked into it and think the Tennis Australia exemption was enough. At least that is how I am understanding it from following the news here in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom