*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
I'd say buy a normal powerbank and a universal attachment. You can even get by with a few velcro cable ties. I bought a connector off aliexpress that's stretchy so it holds really well. Just the arms to attach it to the strap itself aren't that strong, but a couple of extra velcro cable ties around it holds it on nicely. That's with a chunky 20mAh powerbank too. Heavier, but more evenly distributed.

Thank you I'll take a look at that then

Soldato
I'm honestly blown away at the quality of this device, even the way its packaged feels well designed and put together, kids absolutely love it.

Guessing side quest is a must for beat saber?

Soldato
yeah that one. Must be an old batch though mine I bought back in Nov was from the new batch not affected. Didnt say when they bought it.

My original quest 2 bought on release was fine. Obviously didn't come with the extra cover, but I wore that headset for hours without issue. Plenty of sweaty beat sabre sessions in it. This new one though, bought early dec '21 has been a nightmare.

Since my original was fine, I saw no reason to wear the silicone cover so went with the standard foam. Been very sore for nearly a week now.

Thing is, even with the silicone cover on and the lenses switched off, I can still feel my eyes stinging.

I hope my new kiwi covers does the trick else I'll have to send it back.

Soldato
My original quest 2 bought on release was fine. Obviously didn't come with the extra cover, but I wore that headset for hours without issue. Plenty of sweaty beat sabre sessions in it. This new one though, bought early dec '21 has been a nightmare.

Since my original was fine, I saw no reason to wear the silicone cover so went with the standard foam. Been very sore for nearly a week now.

Thing is, even with the silicone cover on and the lenses switched off, I can still feel my eyes stinging.

I hope my new kiwi covers does the trick else I'll have to send it back.

but did you check if you had one of the offending devices as you can get a free replacement cover ? It was the first thing I checked when I got ours and it said mine was okay.

https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/removable-facial-interface-alert/?locale=en_GB

Soldato
regardless did you check it was classed as one of the offending devices by entering your serial no. If it says its not and you still have eye issues need to report it to Oculus.

I didn't but just checked now. It's says device not affected.

It's strange how the first headset was fine but this one has been pretty awful.

Might drop them an email.

Associate
I'm honestly blown away at the quality of this device, even the way its packaged feels well designed and put together, kids absolutely love it.

Guessing side quest is a must for beat saber?
It's a very nice piece of kit especially for the price!
Side Quest is a great addition to an already awesome game, so yeah definitely worth it

Soldato
Interesting,....I bet it's so expensive though!!

Not if you have a spare kidney.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom